Enjoy summer with a cool frosted lemonade paper craft – you’ll realize that you can make lemonade out of anything life throws at you – including craft paper!
With our previous posts focusing on pies, sushi, tacos, sandwiches and spaghetti, I realized that our pretend play food counter was seriously lacking some beverages. And so we opted for the most popular and the easiest drink you can make in summer – lemonade!
I think I know how the parched earth feels when rain falls on it – because I’m sure it’s like how I feel when some chilled lemonade flows down my throat during summer! Come to think of it, that must also be how kids with lemonade stands must feel – ending their pocket money drought!
You know another thing I love about lemonade? There are so many ways you can go about customizing it! You can add in anything from mint, apples, ginger, spices and so on to make your own version. Today, we’re going to be adding some juicy strawberries to our lemonade to make the popular pink lemonade that looks as good as it tastes! So let’s begin!
Frosted Lemonade Paper Craft
- Translucent white paper
- Pink and Yellow Craft Paper
- Two straws
- Colored markers – pink, green, white
Instructions to make Frosted Lemonade Paper Craft:
1. What’s the first thing you need to make lemonade? Why, lemons of course! Cut out lemon shapes from yellow craft paper – full slices, half slices and entire lemons. Use a green marker to add some variety with green lemon slices. Add texture and make the lemons look realistic with some strategic shading.
2. This is no ordinary lemonade – it’s a pink one! So we cut out strawberry shapes from pink paper and carefully color the leafy part green. Let it dry a bit and then add other details with more colored markers.
3. The fruits are ready; time for the containers! We went with mason jar-style containers, cut out of frosted white paper. Cut out the same shape from yellow and pink paper too and then tear off the top part mid way, so you get a rough, wavy edge as shown below.
4. Stick the yellow piece of paper to the lower half of the white jar, leaving the top open. Insert a straw into this space. If you want, you can add more glue to hold it in place.
5. We’re almost done! Turn over your jars and garnish your lemonade with strawberries, lemons and lemon slices. The translucent paper adds a lovely frosted look, making this all the more tempting!
With just three kinds of paper, your lemonade is ready – your very own 3-ingredient recipe! This lemonade paper craft also teaches us that you can make lemonade out of anything life throws at you – even if it’s not lemons! And if you’re not inclined to think so deep, never mind. Just enjoy the summer as you sip on your lemonade and watch the world go by!