Artsy-Craftsy April 2010
If march’s artsy-craftsy and all the lovely prizes got you all excited, here’s ur chance to win one.
The theme for this month is the incredibly versatile “paper mache“. Make your own cups, dolls, animals, ornaments, masks.. color them, stick them, have fun with them.
- Stick to the theme for the month.
- Last date for sending your nominations is 20th of April, 2010.
- Add the above image in a post with a link to this page or add the artsy-crafsty pic in your sidebar [ HTML code below]. You don’t need to be a follower. But don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to ur post on this page.
- Resize the pics that you send / upload to a max of 1024×768.
- Each pic should have a watermark to your blog or atleast your (or ur child’s name) in case you don’t have a blog. Use paintbrush / picasa to add text at the right bottom. A readble fontsize should be fine.
- Each pic should have the age of the child. If its an adult who is making it, please put age- Adult(Suitable for a kid aged X to make) . It makes it easier to judge. Use paintbrush / picasa to add text at the right bottom.
- Wherever possible, please provide details on how you made the crafts. Links to another site which has the instructions is also fine.
- I absolutely don’t like putting up pics of any child on my blog. Any entry henceforth that has a child’s face / pic will be sent back for blurring. You can however send it with the face blurred. Use gaussian blur / simply use paint brush to cover the face.
- Based on the age, there will be 3 categories. Ages 0 – 4, 4 – 7 & 7 – 10.
- The winner will be chosen based on how easy yet stunning the end result looks and will be announced on the last day of the month.
- The entry has to be child-friendly and age appropriate for kids aged 1 to 10. Keep it simple.
- You can have more than 1 entry .. and increase your chances at winning.
- This challenge is open for all kids, ladies, gents, moms, dads , followers, lurkers… everyone.
oh come on!!!! this one is tough 🙁 but I am sure I am going to have fun trying to come up with something…
Off I go to do some sleuthing 🙂
Woww! I luv this badge 🙂
Putting up on my blog .. hope I will b able to do something atleast this time boohooo 🙁
oh ho…that sounds impossible.( thats y its called a challenge, na). i have no clue where or how to start. lets c. will surely give it a shot if i can. how in the world do u think up of such brilliant sutff???
Nice one again. Challenging & Fun!!! Good Luck. I’m loving your spirit :):)
Initially i thought puppets would be tough.. but was wrong 🙁 .. so i think i’ll keep an open mind about this one 🙂 ..and hope to come up with something!!
woooooooooohooooooo talk of the competition getting tougher….with organizers like u shruti…pretty soon we’ll be demi-craft-goddesses !!!
But….papier mache is a tough cookie….
am sure i will do it next month! :p
but sounds awesome!
OMG!!! this is one that I have neverrrrrrrrrrrrr done..but so want to try!!I hope we can!!
oh thats lovely – we are all geared up to make somethng !!!
Am a first time visitor, and mom of an artsy-partsy second grader (see some of our artwork here), I find this site AMAZING.
Thanks for the great ideas…especially with summer holidays around the corner. I’ll be following your blogsite like a maniac.
Hi Following you from Blogging Women. You have a very cute blog!
Paper mache ??? no idea.. 🙂 but will surely explore.. this is a tough one 🙂 🙁
“ahhh…gooey messy fun ..” says pattu.
We love paper mache. But our kids are little grown up now. We still have and love the “huge” Lord Venkatachalapathy statue in paper mache we bought in India and took to USA.
Shru, put it up on my side bar nw .. wonder hw I skipped ..sorry 😛
chk this out.not sure if it will qualify as its not totally paper. so take a call whether u wanna put it up or not. thanks
ooops ..its tough one and my sunny doesnot have patience to let it dry before moving ahead..better luck next time for me 🙁
I have it on Aryan’s blog’s side bar now 🙂
@shankari: Do give it a try.. its very very versatile! u can use corrugated sheets , tissue paper, newspaper.. anything.. u can even cheat a bit and use other materials ..
@swaram: 🙂 thanks for putting up the button
@priya: its holiday time.. will be fun.
@neelum: LOL. paper mache is not touch.. its amazing to be able to make ur own cups and plates and toys.
@momo’s mom. : way to go with ur first submission. linking it up today.
@abha: cmonnnnnnnnn .. ok mail me any craft u do with cubby.
@lostworld : i thot u were particiapting this time.
@Trish: its going to be fun.. i promise.. 🙂 do try
@smita: yay! i love ur spirit
@lakshmi: welcome here.. n ur crafts are amazingggggggggg.. do try out this month’s theme.
@trista : welcome here..
@lavanya: it sounds tough cos u’ve never tried it before.. give it a try 🙂
@uma: now thats the way to go!
@SG: i know!!!!! u can make awesome stuff out of paper mache.
send me a picture of the Venkatachalapathy statue
@swati: yay cool. are u sending him to any summer camp?
I made elephant with paper mache clay…check this whether it matches to your theme or not,,let me know…
I added water mark pix and I reposted it and also I mentioned the fenugreek seeds purpose…plz check it out
pls ck this submission :
I can’t wait to try this out with P! Perfect since its summer (fun-with-water) and hols (time-to-kill). I don’t think we’ll have anything worthy of submission, but I am sure we’ll have loads of fun 🙂 🙂 Am clicking on follow now, maybe next time I might even send u an entry..
My submission is at http://naradtales.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/eppo-pannuvaloe-debuting-pacchai-and-chevapu/
thanks to the Artsy Crafty Challenge . We simply had a wonderful time making the paper mache craft .
Submission Link –
I have been wanting to be a part of the challenge for a couple of months but I finally got it! I will be a regular henceforth. Here is my submission
Shruthi, here’s my submission!