Hi folks, Sorry I’ve been off crafts for some time now.. I’m just dying to try out some paper mache crafts myself , to paint and sew. Its gotten a lil busy at the office front with the project on in full swing and Lil P refusing to go to day care because its her holiday To top it, hubby dearest joined IIM-B for his EGMP this week. Which effectively means he is off parental duties for a year… n he does help out a lot, you know 🙂
Its been tough for him.. with the market being down, and his office not very supportive of him doing this course. But we decided that it was now or never and paid for the course ourselves. I’m really excited abt him going back to college after a 12 year break! Thats the news from our household..
I hope you guys have been busy trying out some paper mache crafts…. here are some tips to help u 🙂
- Line ur vessel with cling wrap and then layer on top .
- Or simply use plastic (disposable) bowls / cups as the base..
- U can also use scrunched up paper / aluminium foil as the base. Use masking tape to hold it in place. This reduces actual dry time.
- Using a watered down version of fevicol & newspaper / tissues works best. Mix half glue and half water mixture into container. Dip newspaper strips into mixture, wiping any extra off into the container with index finger and thumb. Lay strips onto the base, covering the base with at least two layers. Hang over newspaper to dry.
- While coloring, use acrylic paint without adding water .
Try making jewellery , cups, dolls, get artsy-craftsy 🙂
Only 6 days left.