If you secretly have a favorite superhero, now’s your chance to bring it out! Check out our DC Superhero Paper Puppet Craft – with Free Printable Template to make your own Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern Puppets
On the surface, it appears that only a few people are obsessed with superheroes. But go deeper, and you’ll find that everyone has a favorite superhero – whether he or she admits it or not!
There are many things that kids can learn from superheroes – humanity, bravery, responsibility; and it’s no wonder they have such appeal among youngsters. A great way to celebrate superheroes is with superhero crafts, and we’ve got the perfect one for you today – a DC Superhero Paper Puppet Craft that little boys (and girls!) will LOVE!!! Use our FREE PRINTABLE superhero templates to make your own mini superheroes. We have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. These easy DIY superhero puppets are great for imaginative play and they accompany the lego superhero storybooks perfectly.
DC Superhero Paper Puppet Craft
- Card stock in different colors
- Jumbo Popsicle sticks
- Glue stick
Free Printable Templates for DC Superhero Paper Puppet Craft:
1. Download the free printable template. Print it out. There are four superheroes in the template – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Right-click the below images to save to your computer.
2. Pick your favorite superhero to start with. Mine is Wonder Woman, so let’s go with her! Cut out the template pieces for your superhero and trace them onto colored card stock in the appropriate colors. In this instance, I went with red, blue, and yellow for the outfit, along with a cream and black for the body and hair respectively.
3. Draw a curve in the shape of Wonder Woman’s hairline, and cut slits along the curve. Make sure not to cut all the way through or you’ll end up with two pieces.
4. Insert the body into the slit so that the hair sits neatly on top of the head.
5. Use the glue stick to stick on the outfit pieces in the appropriate positions.
6. Draw on a face for Wonder Woman and then stick the entire puppet on a Jumbo Stick. That’s it – you’re done!
Aren’t these just adorable? Every member of the family can pick their favorite and put on a little puppet show. Or you can have your superhero save the Lego mini-figures or a play village. This kind of play helps kids develop their imagination and also encourages problem-solving skills. Now you have your superhero, it’s time to save the world!
Also, check out the posts –