Love doughnuts? Then this doughnut paper craft is a must make! Punch out holes and add a glaze of your choice. Don’t forget to add lots of sprinkles!
Here’s a quick trivia question – what is Homer Simpson’s favorite food, is known as ‘Nun’s farts’ in French, was served to WWII soldiers and is associated with policemen in the U.S.? Here’s a clue – they aren’t ‘whole’. Still no? It’s doughnuts!!
A doughnut is a food that reach all your senses. They look pretty, smell heavenly, feel soft and fluffy and are handy to hold – not to mention they taste yum! Is it a snack, or dessert? Well, the choice is entirely up to you!
Speaking of choices, we have quite an array of them for your pretend play food corner, with food from around the world. We have tacos from Mexico, pizza from Italy, dosa from India and sushi from Japan. Seems like an all-American doughnut craft is missing, so here we go with our doughnut paper craft for kids!
Pretend Play Food – Doughnut Paper Craft
- Thick craft paper in pink, orange and brown
- Craft paper in pastel colors – pink, green, blue, yellow
- Paper doily
- Paper punch
How to make Doughnut Paper Craft for Kids:
1. First we need to get our basic doughnut shapes. While a doughnut is round with a circular hole, our doughnut paper craft is from a side view, so we’ll have an oval shape. Cut out full ovals from the brown paper for the doughnuts. For the glaze, cut out narrower ovals from orange and pink paper – keep them the same size or slightly smaller than the brown ovals.
2. Time to put a hole-in-one!! Mark holes in the center of the glaze shapes and cut them out. Keep the holes also in an oval shape to keep things consistent. Stick the glaze shapes on top of the doughnuts.
3. It’s now time for sprinkles! Use a paper punch with circular or rectangular holes to get sprinkles of different shapes. Since we’re using darker colors for the doughnuts and glaze, go with pastel shades for the sprinkles. Use glue to stick the sprinkles on the glaze.
4. Time to wrap things up! Use a pair of scissors or a paper cutter to cut out a hole in the doughnut, corresponding with the hole in the glaze. Cut a paper doily in half and stick it under the doughnut.
This doughnut paper craft is so cheery with all those bright colors!! Another option you can try is a beige doughnut with brown chocolate glaze – yum!! Make a bunch of these for your play food corner and watch your customers make a dash for these delicious treats!!