Dads deserve an award for all that they do, which is why we’ve got a DIY Father’s Day Trophy Card that you can make and gift your superhero!
Dads’ work often goes unnoticed, and is also a little underrated at times. Maybe that’s just the great thing about our superhero Dads – they work silently, and seeing their families happy is their true reward!
If you think back to your childhood, you’ll remember many small but impactful things your Dad did for you, which probably even Mom doesn’t know about! Dads are evolving and today’s Dads are more hands-on parents. Now don’t you think it’s time we showed some appreciation for our superheroes?
So while you are getting your Mother’s Day cards ready for Mom, let’s take some time out to make our Father’s Day cards as well. And if you’re looking for ideas, we’ve got an easy one for you today – a Father’s Day Trophy card!
DIY Father’s Day Trophy Card
- Craft paper or card stock in many colors
- Glue Stick
How to Make the Father’s Day Trophy Card:
1. Take one sheet of card stock and fold it in half vertically.
2. On the side of the crease, draw a trophy, so that one side of the trophy rests on the crease of the fold.
3. Cut out the trophy so you get a trophy shaped card. Cut out two thin strips and the handles of the trophy from craft paper.
4. Stick the strips on the top and bottom of the trophy.
5. Attach the handles to either side of the trophy. Cut out a rectangle and a star from craft paper of a contrasting color.
6. Stick on the star and rectangle label on the card and we’re almost done! For the final touch, write a message for Dad on the label and your card is ready!
Don’t tell me you don’t have time to make a card for Father’s Day – this one won’t take more than 10 minutes of your time! Let older siblings cut out the parts and let the younger ones put it together. If you’d like to try something a little more personal, make a Father’s Day Scrapbook Layout with some cute photos. And don’t forget to pair it with a cute little handmade gift!