If like us, reading more is one of your resolutions for your family this year, give your kids some extra motivation by replacing the random business card, used envelope or scrap of string you’ve been using as a bookmark for an actual bookmark!! These ice-cream bookmarks are so adorable, that you’ll be tempted to try & eat them too. Don’t blame us if they bring on some serious Summer ice-cream cravings 😉
How to make Icecream Bookmarks perfect for summer
1. Colored paper – Beige for the cone, other colors for the icecream
2. Glue stick
6. Paper punch
To make :
Watch our video from our Youtube channel —
- Cut your beige paper into a square. We used a 8×8 inch square.
- Fold the paper in half to form a rectangle and then a further half to form a square.
- There are many different tutorials out there that show you how to make a corner bookmark, but what we love to do is to stick the middle and one pocket.
- Keep one pocket empty. Let dry.
- Once its dry, fold one edge inwards to form a half triangle.
- Use a marker to outline the folded triangle to resemble an actual icecream cone.
- Draw an icecream scoop template on a white paper. Make sure the lower edge of the template is longer than the diagonal of the square.
- We used a paper punch and lots of colorful papers to make some rainbow sprinkles. We cut a red circle on top to act as the cherry.
- Stick the icecream scoop onto cone ensuring only the edge of the ice-cream scoop is glued.
- Your icecream book mark is ready.
- We tried different options. making a tri color ice-cream scoop by tracing circles and then placing on top of another.
- We also created a chocolate version using brown foam. Lil p could easily make some for herself and decorated all her favorite books.
Making your own bookmarks at the end of the school year is a great way to motivate your little ones to do lots of summer reading! and if you are in India and the schools have just started, use these to bookmark in your study books. What do you think of this project? Don’t forget to share your corner bookmarks with us by sharing your pics on our FB page and as comments below. If you likes this video! ( our very first DIY video!! Yay! ) don’t forget to subscribe to our youtube channel. We will be adding more videos as the days go by.
last but not the least, Sharing is caring. We love it when you share our creations to your friends. Don’t forget to tag us when you do.
Have fun. Stay Artsy-Craftsy!