One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft – Origami Fish
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Dr. Seuss Craft. A Simple Origami fish craft to go with Dr. Seuss’ book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. Great for Dr. Seuss’ Birthday or Read Across America Day
Today is Dr. Seuss’s birthday and the artsycraftsy household is CRAZY about his books. There was no doubt what would be the theme for today’s class. We read the One fish two fish , red fish , blue fish and marveled at all the rhyming words and made some cute Origami Fishes
One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft
To make the One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft, You’ll Need –
- Square Origami papers in Red, Blue , Yellow & Green
- pipe cleaner bits in green
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Sea shells
- Blue construction paper A4 size
- Bubble Wrap
- Blue paint ( tempura colours)
- Foam dots (optional)
- Small pebbles.
- Velvet Foam in green for the sea grass
- Foam cutouts – Underwater creatures
Steps For the One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft
- Start with a Square piece of paper .
- Fold diagonally in half.
- Fold Diagonally across other edge
- Open to reveal criss-cross fold.
- Fold in half midway so that all 4 corners meet.
- Now press slightly in the middle to form a cone.
- Bring the left and right sides together
- paper collapses into a triangle.
- Rotate and fold one bottom edge on top to form a fin
- Fold the Top edge over the bottom to make another fin
- Turn over , paste googly eyes & draw a mouth
For the One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft Collage,
- Make 4 fishes – Red, Blue, Yellow & green in different sizes.
- paste on top of a A4 sized Blue construction paper
- Using bubble wrap & tempura colours add Bubble wrap prints on the background.
- paste the Foam dots, sea creatures, pebbles, sand, Pipecleaners at the bottom for added effect.
Here are the happy faces 🙂
Wow… that looks fun, and we owe it to Dr. Seuss for sure he has entertained me (when I was young) and now my 2 yr old loves his books.
wow.beautiful origami.cute childrens
I love those fish. Adorable.
Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!
[…] Tutorial here. […]
[…] One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft […]
[…] One Fish Two Fish Dr Seuss Craft – Origami Fish […]
[…] kids are sure to get excited about creating Origami Fish like these from Artsy Craftsy […]
Where can I purchase the ‘Googly Eyes’ that are on the ‘Dr. Suess’ fish? Are the ‘Googly Eyes’ decals?