Learn how to make this cute Halloween pumpkin or Plastic Bottle Jack O Lantern Craft luminary from a 2-liter soda pop bottle.
Jack O’ Lanterns and pumpkins are an established part of Halloween and carving your Halloween lantern is an exciting prospect for many kids! But if you don’t want to carve a lantern, we’ve got a fun Jack O Lantern craft luminary to make with a plastic bottle. If you’ve got a plastic bottle and copper wire, you’re more or less set! Go ahead and check out the craft to know what we mean.
Plastic Bottle Jack O Lantern Craft
- Plastic bottle, about 250 ml
- Copper wire
- Nose pliers
- Acrylic paint and brush
- Craft cutter
- Permanent marker
How to Make the Plastic Bottle Jack O Lantern Craft:
1. Use the marker to draw a line around the widest part of the bottle at the bottom, including a small leaf pattern on one end. Use the cutter to cut around this line, as shown in the image below:
2. Paint the cut part white. You can use acrylic paint or spray paint to make the process faster. Let it dry.
3. Time to paint the pumpkin! Paint the entire pumpkin orange, and paint on the leafy part on top as shown.
4. Turn this plain pumpkin into a Jack O Lantern with black paint or permanent marker.
5. Make a hole in one side of the Jack O Lantern and hook a piece of copper wire in it. Twist the wire to hold it in place.
6. Turn the wire all the way to the other end and insert it into the Jack O Lantern, making a handle.
7. Your Jack O Lantern is ready! Time to fill it with light!
The best part of this craft is that you can turn this into a treat basket, even if you’re not going to be wandering around for treats this year. If you liked this, you’ll enjoy making these pumpkin crafts as well. You’ll find that if you have the right spirit, you can still celebrate – together or physically apart!