Create your very own magical rainbow with this easy pom pom rainbow craft! This is a great project for little kids to learn about colors and more!
It’s impossible not to love rainbows – after all, they’re so bright, cheerful and magical! They’re also proof that true beauty lies in embracing differences – not in everything being the same.
Of course, little kids might not think so much about rainbows – for them it’s a giant multicolored arc in the sky, and the gateway to fantasy lands! And to celebrate this magic, we’ve got a super easy pom pom rainbow craft for kids!
This craft is great for toddlers and preschoolers learning about colors and they can help sort the pom poms. You can also turn it into a fine motor exercise by handing them some tweezers or a clothes peg to pick and sort the pom poms.
Pom Pom Rainbow Craft
List of Supplies:
- Card stock
- Multicolored Pom Poms
- Glue Gun
- Paper Cutter
How to make the Pom Pom Rainbow Craft:
1. Cut out a circle from the white card stock. Sort all the pom poms by color.
2. Starting with the red pom poms, stick them on in a semi circle form on the upper half of the card stock circle.
3. Continue by placing the remaining pom poms under the red, in the order of the rainbow.
4. Start filling in the bottom half of the circle with white pom poms.
5. Fill up the entire circle so that no part of the card stock is visible.
This pom pom rainbow craft is so easy, it’s great for toddlers too! Only be sure to keep the glue gun away and use regular kid-safe craft glue with young kids. If you liked this, be sure to try out our pom pom mats – we’ve got ocean theme, monster themed, dinosaur themed and bug themed mats – perfect for toddlers and preschoolers!