Celebrate Star Wars Day on 4th May with this cute little Cupcake Liner Princess Leia Craft! Use it as a bookmark or gift to a friend – may the Force be with you!
Many people have trouble with fairy tales, saying that it shows women and girls as damsels in distress, always waiting for someone to rescue them. However, there’s one female character who broke all these princess stereotypes, that too decades ago.
Yes, we’re talking about Princess Leia, the Star Wars heroine!
Princess Leia is from the planet Alderaan, daughter of Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo. She also has a twin brother, Luke Skywalker. Leia is a trained Jedi, and an agent of the Rebel Alliance who then takes down Darth Vader and The Death Star.
Impressed? You must be! Leia is a true feminist icon, and she doesn’t wait for anyone to rescue here – she takes matters into her own hands and does the work – better than any of the men around her! Since 4th May is Star Wars Day, we think it’s the perfect time to celebrate this incredible princess who is unlike any other, with a cupcake liner Princess Leia craft!
Cupcake Liner Princess Leia Craft – Star Wars Day
- White cupcake liner
- Brown cupcake liner
- Popsicle Stick
- Craft paper
- Washi tape
How to make the Cupcake Liner Princess Leia Craft:
1. Start by getting the princess’ dress ready. Cut out the white cupcake liner to get a dress shape like this. Combine the bodice and skirt of the dress using the Washi tape.
2. Cut out Princess Leia’s hair from the brown cupcake liner.
3. Cut out a circle from light pink craft paper. Stick on the hair piece and draw Princess Leia’s face.
4. Now stick the princess’ head on the Popsicle stick.
5. Now stick on the dress below the face. That’s it – Princess Leia is ready!
I’m sure you didn’t imagine this would be so easy! We love how easy this is but how effectively it brings the character to life. That ‘cinnamon bun’ hairstyle particularly is a great way to identify who this is. Go ahead and share the story of Princess Leia with your boys and girls – she is sure to inspire everyone around!
Featured craft book –