Put on your very own puppet show with these adorable Printable Farm Animal Puppets!! Download, print, assemble and get ready to have some farm-theme fun!
Pretend play is one of the most imaginative ways for young children to play and learn at the same time. Not just learning either, it’s also an excellent way for them to express their deepest emotions, something which they’re too young to do in words.
When it comes to pretend play, nothing can beat a puppet! It’s open ended play, and you can make a puppet say or do anything you like. It’s no wonder that some puppet shows are world-famous!
Today we’re going the farm route, with a full set of printable farm animal puppets – a sheep, pig, cow and more, along with a cute barn! Looks like it’s time to get a moo on!
Printable Farm Animal Puppets
- Craft paper in different colors
- Craft sticks
How to make the Printable Farm Animal Puppets:
1. Download and print out the template for the farm animals. Cut out the patterns and trace them out on colored craft paper. Choose appropriate colors, like light pink for the pig’s body and dark pink for the snout and ears.
2. Assemble the pig’s face first, sticking the snout, eyes and inner ears in the right positions. Then stick the face onto the pig body.
3. Add details like hooves, nostrils and a smile!
4. Stick the pig on a craft stick, making sure the pig is securely attached and there is enough of the stick left to hold comfortably.
5. For the barn, trace out the pieces as shown below.
6. Assemble the barn, sticking the window and roof in the right positions.
7. Make the remaining animals similar to how the pig was made. Your puppet set is ready!
If you enjoyed playing with these farm puppets, you’ll also love making some farm animal bookmarks! And if you want more, make a full life on the farm collage craft using mixed media – it’ll keep you occupied for a while!