It’s always good to have a friend who has your back, and this little Printable Hedgehog Bookmark will help remind you of your place in your favorite book!
Have you ever touched a hedgehog? I haven’t, but I imagine it must be like touching a cactus – all prickly and leaving behind a feeling of wishing you hadn’t gone and touched it in the first place!
And you would regret it, considering a hedgehog has over 5000 quills on its back. However, today, we have a little hedgehog that is perfectly safe to touch and use – it’s a printable hedgehog bookmark, made with just paper!
This bookmark is essentially an assembly project, where you print and cut the template, trace it out on craft paper and then put the pieces together, a lot like a puzzle, only that you use glue! Older kids can do the whole project by themselves, while you can give younger kids the pieces so they can assemble them.
Printable Hedgehog Bookmark + Free Template
- Card stock or thick craft paper in brown, pink and cream
- Glue stick
How to make the Printable Hedgehog Bookmark:
1. Download and print the free template for the hedgehog bookmark.
3. Assemble the paws by sticking the brown parts on the cream paws. Stick the ears and cheeks in the appropriate positions.
4. Stick the hedgehog’s head and paws on the body with glue.
5. Complete the hedgehog by drawing in facial features – don’t forget a smile!
Your cute little printable hedgehog bookmark is ready! Now insert them between the pages of a book.
If you enjoyed this craft, you may also want to check out our recycled CD hedgehog craft and paper quilled hedgehog – both of which are not prickly at all! And if you want more, you can check out our roundup of hedgehog crafts – it’s the perfect accompaniment to learning about this amazing animal!