Rainy days can make anyone restless, but especially young children who have lots of energy. When it’s pouring outside, make playing inside fun with our Rainy Day Paper Collage Art for Kids.
All you need is lots of papers – construction paper, crepe paper, or even use magazine cutouts. Collage, or the assemblage of different materials, is one of the foundation art activities for childhood. Kids can use glue, colored masking tape, stickers, or contact paper to stick their different materials together. They can collage on paper, cardboard, windows, 3-D objects, and even bodies. We have a LOT of paper Collage ideas. Check them all out.
A Rainy Day Paper Collage Art for Kids
Its pouring cats n dogs in Bangalore the past few days. The whole weekend has been so dreary. A little sunshine is what we wanted.. Lil P wanted a Rainbow. So I decided to cheer the girls up by making a rainy day scene collage.
To make the Rainy Day Paper Collage Art you’ll need
- 1 cupcake liner
- 1 6×6 shiny square paper. I had origami paper which we used for the dresses.
- Black marker
- Glue stick
- White crepe paper for the clouds
- Construction paper in rainbow colors for the raindrops.
- Blue Construction paper (craft paper) for the background.
Steps to make the Rainy Day Paper Collage Art
- Cut the white crepe papers in various cloud shapes
- Cut the colored sheets into raindrop shapes.
- Cut the cupcake liner into 2 semi-circles
- Cut the Pink squares into 2 triangles. One big & 1 small.
- Cut a yellow circle for the sun.
- First, stick the clouds in place
- Then stick the 2 pink triangles
- Then stick the Cupcake liner to form the umbrella.
- Then come the raindrops.
- Then the sun
- Now add details using a black marker – The boots, the J of the Umbrella. The smiley for the sun and picture complete! 🙂
Now isn’t that a picture that warms your heart on a cold and rainy day??