Need an easy Valentine gift? This Easy Stuffed Felt Heart Bag Tag Craft is the perfect project to make, and requires little time and effort!
Valentine’s Day is nearly here and it’s so exciting! Even if we can’t be with many people physically, they’re still in our hearts, and after all, it’s the thought that counts, isn’t it?
Speaking of hearts, we think the best way to know that someone is in your heart is by sending them one, and when it’s made out by hand, even better! What’s more, you can also use this for Mother’s Day or if you’d like to try other Felt Crafts.
We have a load of heart crafts on the blog, but today, we’ve got another special one to add to the list. It’s a DIY Felt Heart Craft Idea that involves a stuffed heart decoration including a free fabric heart template. If you’re wondering how to stitch a felt heart, read on – the instructions are below!
Easy Stuffed Felt Heart Bag Tag Craft
- Felt in pink or red
- Cotton wool
- Needle and thread
How to make the Stuffed Felt Heart Bag Tag Craft:
1. Download and print the easy stuffed felt heart template. You’ll get hearts in three different sizes in the template.
2. Use the template to trace and cut out two hearts in the size you like.
3. Tie the yarn into a loop, and attach this loop to the inside of one heart with needle and thread.
4. Place the other heart on top of this one and start stitching the edges together. You can use a blanket or running stitch. Leave a small gap at one end.
5. Stuff in cotton wool through the gap till the heart is stuffed enough.
6. Seal the gap by stitching over it, so that the heart is completely joined together.
7. Cut off any excess thread and you’re done! Now go ahead and make more hearts in another color.
Although this heart is meant to be a bag tag, you can use this any way you want! Make an assortment and turn it into a garland that works perfectly as Valentine decor. You can also add it to a wrapped gift instead of a bow. We love how cute these stuffed hearts look and think they’re perfect for the season!