A heart is a simple, symmetrical shape, and yet it means so much. Create these Valentine’s Day kid crafts and more, all with beautiful, romantic hearts.
Saturday’s craft class was valentine’s day special. We made a paper plate Dotty Heart smiley and many Paper flowers with heart shaped petals.
Valentine’s Crafts- Dotty Heart & Heart flowers
- Felt stickers
- Colored papers
- Dot to Dot markers
- Craft sticks , googly eyes
- Puffy paint
- Paper plates
To make –
- We cut a paper plate in the shape of a heart using scissors, I had traced it on a paper plate for the kids to cut out by themselves
- then used dot markers to make it colourful. use lighter colors first & then darker colours. Some kids wanted to put dots , some wanted to paint stripes. Let them do it their way
- We made a face by sticking a felt sticker & googly eyes on top
- Use puffy paint to draw the smile.
- We stuck a craft / icecream stick to make our Happy Heart craft ready.
- For the flowers, we cut out heart shaped petals. I used a punch and cut paper in different colors
- and then we stuck them in a + pattern using glue.
- Let dry
- Add a felt sticker in the center
- Finally stuck a straw at the back to form the stem.
- We used glitter to decorate.
Here are some happy faces from our craft class. The flowers & the hearts are simple gifts for their friends. You colour my heart..
Do a dot will spark imagination and awaken creativity as young artist discover their own unique artistic style. They are easy to use, there are no cups or brushes to set up or clean up, no drips or spill and the product won’t dry out if the cap is left off. Perfect for young kids.
If you haven’t already experienced Do-A-Dot paints, you should try them out. These spill-proof bottles of colored paint come in many non-toxic varieties. With a soft foam applicator and a chunky base for more control, your child can make dots, swirls, or lines of colors to create unique works of art.