Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and a lot of people are looking forward to it! Since the day is all about expressing your love and gifting tokens of appreciation, we’ve decided to get in the mood too! So today we have a very simple tutorial on how to make rolled roses – turn them into a wreath for some lovely Valentine decor or use them as gifts to hand out to your loved ones!
Valentine’s Rolled Roses Wreath
What you’ll need:
- Paper, any color of your choice, we’ve used pink
- Thick cardboard
- Washi tape/glitter tape or any funky tape of your choice
- Any color ribbon, scissors
- Glue gun
What you need to do:
1. Cut 4 x 4 squares out of the pink paper. You will need about 20 squares of the same size.
2. As shown in Image 1, draw concentric circles on each square. You can draw them free hand, and then cut them out as shown in Image 2.
3. Take the outer edge of the cut out circle and start rolling it towards the center as shown in Image 3.
4. Now, glue the rolled part to the center (which is now at the bottom of the rolled flower) with the glue gun and hold it for 10 seconds to prevent it from unrolling. You now have a rolled rose as shown in Image 4.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for all the rolled roses.
6. Cut out a circle from thick card stock. Draw a small circle inside the bigger one and cut it out using a craft cutter.
7. Stick tape of your choice (glitter/washi) all over the wreath, making sure it’s completely covered.
8. Now glue the roses to the card circle in any pattern you like. You can stick on embellishments, like foam cut outs, stickers or jewels. We’ve used a handmade drawing of a cute little girl here.
10. Your wreath is now ready!!! Hang it anywhere you like!
There are many ways you can customize this wreath. Make a bunch of red and pink roses and cover the entire wreath with them. You could also try black and white for an edgier effect. This is really easy to make when you have some relaxed time, so do try it out this weekend!