Give your friend this DIY Bat Pop Up Halloween Card and wait for some fun! As soon as the card opens, out pops the bat – and the screams!!
If you ever set out to explore the position of bats in various cultures, you’re sure to tire out – bats are everywhere! Some cultures regard them as evil, while some revere them. Pretty sure the poor bat isn’t aware of all that’s going on around the world!
Whatever the case, Halloween celebrations are incomplete without bats in some form or the other. Either as a Halloween costume or as a part of Halloween decor, bats are sure to be a prominent presence. Especially when it comes to bat crafts and DIY!
Bats have a very distinct shape – have you noticed Batman’s logo? Well, you can make crafts that are as simple as a bat shape paper craft or something more complex like paper quilling bats. And if you wan’t to give someone the heebie jeebies this season, we can’t think of anything better than this DIY Bat Pop Up Halloween Card!
DIY Bat Pop Up Halloween Card for Kids
- Colored craft paper – black, yellow, purple
- Spooky Mansion Cutout
- Scissors and Glue
- Colored Markers
How to make the Bat Pop Up Halloween Card:
1. Gather all your supplies. As for the spooky mansion cutout, you can easily cut one out of a magazine and trace on black craft paper. Or you can just draw one yourself, if you feel like it.
2. You can do the same with the bat. Fold a piece of black craft paper in half, and draw one half of the bat outline along the fold. Cut it out and unfold for a full bat!
3. Let’s get the components of the background ready. Cut out a purple background with a zig zag bottom and a yellow circle large enough to fit almost exactly inside the purple background.
4. Now get your black card and we’ll assemble. Stick on the purple background first at the top, followed by the yellow circle in the center. Next the spooky mansion gets glued on. Add details like creepy trees or more bats flying far away.
5. Time to fix our pop up bat! Turn the bat over, and apply glue to the tips of both wings.
6. Fold these tips forward, so that the bat looks like this from the front:
7. Stick the bat in the middle of the card, by the glued wing tips on either face of the card. Make sure it’s centered from top and from the side. Carefully close the card ensuring all the folds are in place and then open to see the bat pop out at you!
Now isn’t that an easy way to give someone the creeps! It would probably work better if you did the outside to look all pink and flowery – might just add to the element of surprise! That’s why we love pop up cards and you may want to check out our autumn tree pop up card and Thanksgiving turkey pop up card. Now tell us, who’re you going to scare this Halloween?