This Super Cute Popsicle Stick Christmas Carolers Craft will surely bring a smile to your face! Use it as a bookmark, ornament, or gift tag!
When I was in school, most programs that involved singing generally had auditions to pick the best singers in every class. However, there was one program that anyone could join – and it was for caroling during Christmas!
There is something to be said for the sheer joy and non-judgmental nature of Christmas caroling – it’s one thing that makes everyone enthusiastic! Most kids knew the popular songs, so those carols were often the loudest!
While we get ready to celebrate another season of Christmas carols and festivity, we’ve got a cute little project to honor the people who go out in the cold, knocking on doors and spreading some cheer through song. Yes, we’re talking about carolers, and here is a super cute Popsicle stick Christmas carolers craft for you!
Popsicle Stick Christmas Carolers Craft
- Craft sticks or Popsicle sticks
- Card stock or craft paper in assorted colors
- Paper knife or paper cutter
How to make the Popsicle Stick Christmas Carolers Craft:
1. Download the template for the Popsicle stick Christmas Carolers craft. The template includes parts of the carolers, like clothes, hats, mittens, shoes, hair, faces, and songbooks.
2. Trace the parts onto thick craft paper or card stock of the appropriate colors. You can make it as colorful as you like, so go crazy combining your favorite colors in the carolers’ outfits! Cut out all the parts and lay them out.
3. Using a paper-knife or paper cutter, make small slits in the hairpiece in the shape of a hairline. These will become the slits to insert the faces of the carolers.
4. So the faces are ready – now let’s get to the outfits of our Christmas Carolers Craft! First decide how you want to combine the colors of the hats and clothes, including shoes and pom poms.
5. Stick the pompom circle at the end of the hat. Stick the shoes at the bottom of the dress and pants.
6. Well, if you have pants, you got to have a shirt too! Stick the shirt on top of the pants, and attach the sleeves on either side with glue. Repeat the step with the sleeves for the dress as well.
7. Ooh, the Christmas Carolers Craft is coming along nicely! Stick the heads of the carolers on their outfits, ensuring that the face stays in front of the dress/shirt, and the hair is behind it.
8. Let’s finish the outfit by attaching the hats to their heads. You can also make it a little snazzy by tilting the hat a little to the side!
9. Well this is a Christmas Carolers Craft, which means we got to have some books of carols! Get the little books and stick the mitten pieces on either side of them. Fold them gently down the middle and unfold them so you get a visible crease.
10. There’s only one thing left to do – hand the songbooks to our carolers, so they can begin singing! Stick the books on top of the caroler’s clothes, so the mittens line up with the sleeves and look like a continuation of the arms.
11. It’ll only look like they’re singing if you draw in some facial features! Go ahead and add some eyes, a nose and a singing mouth.
12. Now for the final touch – stick the carolers on top of Popsicle sticks and your Christmas Carolers Craft is complete!
Since carolers’ outfits don’t generally have any set pattern, you are free to choose any kind of outfit for your Christmas Carolers Craft. You can change the skin color and hair color of the carolers too, so you have quite a multi-racial group! You’ll need to make these decisions at the beginning, so you can plan the craft papers to use accordingly.
This Popsicle stick Christmas Carolers Craft can be used in multiple ways – as a bookmark, or as a decoration for your pen stand. You can also stick a magnet on the back so you can put it up on your refrigerator for a little festive feel whenever you open it!