Cooking can be fun!
I had read my friends blog on how he n his daughter had made doughnuts together and it sounded like fun.. so here we are on our first adventure together in the kitchen.
Cooking and more …
Recipe : Nutty Pudding
8 slices of bread
12 spoons of sugar
5 drops of vanilla essence
1 cup milk [ 300 ml]
2 deseeded dates & 2 dry anjeer chopped
5 almonds and kaju – powdered
1 cheery, and dairy milk for decoration [optional]
and the most important ingredient … lots of love and Fun 🙂
1. Have fun breaking the bread into small crumbs into an aluminium bowl (baking dish).. throw a few crumbs at each other .. Lil P especially liked the part where i tried to throw a piece of bread in air n failed to catch it ..
2. pour the milk in a heating pan and count n put 12 spoons of sugar into it.. counting can be fun..
3. While P was busy with the bread, i put the milk to heat. [ Do this till the sugar melts] . Chop the dates & anjeer.
4. Now add 2 eggs, vanilla essence , raisins, chopped dates , anjeer , powdered almonds, kaju & sweet milk and mix… This was the most fun.. Trust P to sing her rhymes “Row Row Row ur boat” and “Here we go round the mulberry bush”.. [cute isn’t it?]
5. Now comes the tasting session. Check for sweetness. Somehow this tasted so much more sweeter than ever.. I think it was the love !!!
6. Now decoration – decorate with raisins & cherries. [ You can also use gems]
7. I sent P to wash her hands and put the aluminium bowl in a cooker (without whistle) to bake. Let it cook on medium flame for 15 minutes. Cool for another 10 mins .. and add grated dairy milk on the top ..
Its ready to eat.. Yummy isn’t it?
Hi Shruti, was going through this recipe to bake it with my daughter, and I am not sure when to add the bread crumbs into the mix???
@Usaha. Oops. thanks for pointing it out. the bread goes in during step 4.
4. Now add 2 eggs, vanilla essence , raisins, chopped dates , anjeer , powdered almonds, kaju & sweet milk and mix it with the bread crumbs… This was the most fun.. Trust P to sing her rhymes “Row Row Row ur boat” and “Here we go round the mulberry bush”.. [cute isn’t it?]
Thanks so much Shruti! Will try it one of these days and let you know how it went!