Aren’t pandas the cutest? Now this panda hug bookmark will become your favorite way to mark your place in your latest read! Make them for your friends too!
We’re in lockdown mode again here, and we’re back to looking for fun things to do at home so. Yes, Netflix is there, but there’s only so much screen time you can take, especially if your work involves screens! So that leaves behind my favorite activity – reading!
The whole family enjoys reading, especially Miss P, whose reading choices are changing rapidly as she grows. But whatever genre she chooses, there’s one thing that’s constant – the need for a cute little bookmark!
Having cute bookmarks was one way I was able to encourage a reading habit when my child was younger, and she still loves them! Even I don’t mind a cute little critter or animal showing me where I last stopped. If you find that a cute reading partner helps, you’re in luck – today’s craft is a cute little Panda hug bookmark!
DIY Panda Hug Bookmark
- Craft paper or card stock in different colors
How to make the DIY Panda Hug Bookmark:
1. Download the panda bookmark template and print it out. The template includes the panda’s head and body, eyes, ears, cheeks, chest, arms and feet.
2. Cut out the parts of the template, trace them onto craft papers of the appropriate colors and cut them out.
3. Time to start assembling! Stick the chest piece on the top of the panda’s body. Then stick on the eye patches and the cheeks on the panda’s face.
4. Stick the ears behind the panda’s head. Take out your marker and draw some features on the panda’s face. Don’t forget a smile!
5. Stick the arms of the panda on the top of the body.
6. Make sure the bottom of the arms are free, so you can use them to ‘clip’ on the book page.
7. Now stick the panda head on the body. It’s coming together!
8. Stick on the feet and your panda hug bookmark is done!
The ‘hug’ part of this craft refers to the panda hugging your page, but I know you feel like hugging this guy too! Pandas are super cute, and this craft is also great for kids who’re learning about this amazing animal or about China.
Make multiples of these – keep one for yourself and save some for your school friends whenever you meet them next!
Stick it onto a card and turn it into a hand-lettered Happy Birthday card with the sentiment “Have a Stu-PANDA-ous Birthday!”