DIY Paper Christmas Tree Ornaments – These paper ornaments are kid-friendly and easy, Homemade crafts for kids to make and many more ideas for Christmas
We love a good DIY project, particularly when the craft supply list is short, and especially when we’re trying to save money during the holidays. Enter paper Christmas decorations, a Christmas miracle if there ever was one.
I love Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects, especially the ones that I can do with my 6-year-old. There are two very important things to keep in mind while crafting with children: the crafts should be quick to make and must be nice, bright and shiny. Today, I’m bringing one such easy craft idea to you.
DIY Paper Christmas Tree Ornaments
Supplies for the DIY Paper Christmas Tree Ornaments
- A brown pipe cleaner / a red satin string about 8 inches long.
- Shiny wrapping papers in 3 different colours
- Circular lids from your kitchen in 3 sizes. Biggest having a diameter no greater than 6 inches.
- 3 Bits of Straw – 1 inch, 1.5 inches & 2 inches long.
- A Bell
- and some beads and baubles to add some bling.
Time took – Under 10 minutes.
Steps to make the DIY Paper Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Use circular lids and a pen to draw circles on the backside of coloured papers. Cut to shape as shown in step 1
- Fold each circle, first into a semicircle & then into a quadrant as shown in step 2
- Chop off a tiny bit at the pointy end to form a hole in the centre. Keep it small to just allow a pipe cleaner or satin ribbon to pass through as shown in step 3
- Open slightly to form a tree-like pointy structure as shown in Step 4
- Now string in your Christmas ornament – First the bell at the bottom. Then the 2-inch straw, then the biggest circle, followed by 1.5-inch straw, then the middle circle, then the 1-inch straw and finally the smallest circle.
- Decorate with beads and sequins [ Optional ] as seen in Step 5 and you are done.
The Christmas tree is all decked up and cheerful. Lil p has been a good girl this year and is expecting Santa to visit her at her grandparents ( where she is enjoying her holiday). I asked Lil P if she knew how Santa got her gift.. and she replied that she had whispered it to Ganapati Bappa (Hindu Elephant God) and he would tell Santa to give it to her. She’s such a cutie. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you.
PS: I have edited this post and republished to a more recent date.