Most kids love looking at their baby photos. I should know – my 5 year old can spend hours going through her baby album gawking over how cute she was! And I have to admit, the sight of her doing that is really cute too! Today’s craft is perfect for our self-obsessed little munchkins and is also an opportunity to teach them about recycling. We’ll be up-cycling an old photo frame with some button to create this cute as a button DIY Photo Frame Craft.
Cute as a Button DIY Photo Frame Craft
You will need:
- An old photo frame
- Colorful buttons in 2 sizes, one big and one much smaller
- Tacky Glue
- Sticker or printout with a cute quote (optional)
1. The frame is really simple to make. Let’s begin by sticking the quote sticker in a prominent position on the frame.
2. Now it’s time to get to the buttons. Let the kids fill up the frame with the large sized buttons first.
3. Once most of the frame is covered with the large sized button we can move on to the smaller buttons. Fill up the small spaces around the large buttons and let them dry.
Now all we need to do is put in a favorite baby picture and we are done! Now that wasn’t hard, was it? Miss K loves this frame! She promptly put it up in her room along with a set of button craft burlap frames we had made earlier.
So the next time you want to frame a precious moment of your little one, get her involved. With an old frame, some buttons and glue, you can have a cute as a button DIY photo frame ready in a jiffy!