So I had the first session at home with very close family & friends (kids) .. Since it was father’s day and I can’t conduct any commercial activity, it was a fun (free) session. I also did not publicise this event in my apartment complex. I’m still thinking what I should be doing about that.Anyway, the theme being Father’s day we made a Shirt card, a My dad Rocks ” rock painting” and a Wise old owl 😉
Then we colored pebbles with crayons.. and made My Dad Rocks Paperweight
After a coat of mod podge gloss and lots of sparkles (added on popular demand)’My Dad Rocks’ stone crafts were ready. What dad wouldn’t love a paperweight created by his kids? This is the perfect craft for any dad to have in his office as a daily reminder of how his kids feel about him. You could even make two of these crafts. You could make one rock say Dad and the other one say Rocks. You’d have a set of paperweights instead of just one.
- Scrapbook paper
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper and fold it in half.
- Up where the crease is, cut 2 slits into the paper toward the center
- Cut out a tie shape using another piece of scrapbook paper and glue it on
- Then fold the tabs you cut on top over diagonally and glue them down. It will look like the collar of a shirt over the tie,
- Then when you open it up and write your message inside!Happy Father’s Day!
I hope the daddies were pleased 🙂 I know the kids were!