Cute and Easy DIY Father’s Day Rosette Badge using Cupcake Liners
Dad deserves a medal, and this DIY Father’s Day Rosette Badge is perfect for the purpose! Easy enough to make with cupcake liners, for kids of all ages.
Dads today are quite different from Dads of previous generations, although they have one thing in common – unending love for their families! That’s something that’s always constant, and why we have been celebrating Father’s Day for years.
Today’s Dads are more hands-down with their kids, right from the time they are babies. We also have paternity leave nowadays, which was absent earlier. The family structure has changed, and everyone has gotten more involved with each other. With the pandemic locking everyone indoor for longer, this has only become more true!
What’s more, Dads today are more expressive about their love for their kids, which is great. Kids are also more open about expressing their feelings for Dad, including how they think that Dad is a superhero! In fact, there are many kids’ books about Dads that echo this very sentiment.
So this Father’s Day, let’s get a little more expressive about how much we love and appreciate the Dads in our lives, including Grand Dads, uncles and Step Dads. Delight Dad with a cute little handmade gift along with an adorable DIY Card Fathers Day. Now if you want to add something more, we’ve got the perfect thing – a Father’s Day Rosette badge, made using cupcake liners!
Cute and Easy DIY Father’s Day Rosette Badge
- Cupcake liners – Gold, White, Blue or Yellow, Red
- Construction Paper – Blue / Red
- Glue Dots / Craft Glue
- Black marker
How to make the Father’s Day Rosette Badge:
1. First, cut the edges off the cupcake liners so you get circles of increasing sizes. Try placing one inside the other to see how you like the sizes of the cupcake liners. When making the Father’s Day Rosette badge, choose cupcake liners in colors that complement each other.
2. Arrange the cupcake circles in concentric layers and stick them in place with glue stick or glue drops. The base of the Father’s Day Rosette badge is ready.
3. To make the ribbon, cut out two strips of paper. Cut a small ‘v’ shape at one end of the strips. Glue the uncut ends of the ribbons to the bottom of the cupcake set so that the two ribbons are at an angle to each other.
4. The Father’s Day Rosette badge is done, but it’s not complete without a personal message! Use a thick marker to add some text, like ‘Best Dad’, ‘#1 Dad’, ‘Granddad’, or ‘Step-Dad’. This is perfect for all the father figures in your life, as well as for teachers. If the cupcake liner in your center is too dark, you can write your message on a small white circle and stick that to the middle of the cupcake liner.
5. Make more of this Father’s Day Rosette badge for each of your special people, using different color combinations. You can even embellish them with stars or jewel stickers. To make it even more personal, you can customize the badge by sticking a photo in the center.
Isn’t it amazing how you can use cupcake liners to make a pretty craft like this Father’s Day Rosette badge? If you enjoyed crafting with cupcake liners, you’ll also love our collection of Easy Cupcake Liner Crafts for Kids. Although it’s called a Father’s Day Rosette badge, this is a craft that can easily be modified to be used for Moms, teachers, best friends or anyone you appreciate in your life. They also make great tokens of appreciation for frontline workers in the pandemic, like grocery store workers, delivery guys or medical staff.