Use this DIY Felt Minion Pencil Topper to add some brightness to your everyday school work! Now you’re all ready to dance to the ‘Happy’ song!
What is one song that instantly brightens your mood and makes you want to tap your feet? For me, it has to be the ‘Happy’ song from Despicable Me!
The yellow color of the minions alone are enough to add some brightness to your day, and the song just adds to it. If you ask me, it’s the perfect song to play every school morning – no more morning blues!
Speaking of school, we’ve got just the back to school craft for you – a DIY felt minion pencil topper – complete with those blue dungarees and large glasses! And of course – a bright and happy smile!
DIY Felt Minion Pencil Topper
List of Supplies:
- Felt fabrics in assorted colors
- Pencil or fabric marker
- Needle and thread
How to make DIY Felt Minion Pencil Topper:
1. Print and download the minion pencil topper template. The Template includes the minion’s body, eyes and clothes.
2. Select yellow, blue, black and white felt for this craft. Trace the template patterns on the selected felt pieces and cut them out.
3. Take the front body (base) cutout and the grey strip. Place the strip on the yellow base pattern horizontally, near its top side.
4. Next, grab the 3 circle cutouts. Place the small circle (black) on the medium circle (white) and then place the medium one on the big grey circle. Place these small circles together as they are in the middle of the grey strip.
5. Use black thread to stitch a smiley face below the spectacles.
6. Place the blue square cutout on the yellow base by matching the the straight edges on the bottom.
7. Place the yellow base on the brown base. Prepare needle and thread.
8. Keep the bottom end intact and start to stitch from a side. I did flat blanket stitch.
9. Stitch all the way to the other side. Tie a knot or two and then cut off extra thread.
10. Insert the pen or pencil through the bottom open end of the felt minion topper.
Aren’t these little guys just adorable? It’s the perfect craft to make use of bits and pieces of felt scraps lying around. If you enjoyed this, you may also like making some more pencil toppers – a pipe cleaner bird topper, a glitter heart pencil topper or a clay Pikachu pencil topper. Make and give your close buddies!