I love trying out new Art / Craft supplies as soon as they hit the market. My latest favourite is the newly launched Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners. I have used their glass liners before and was really curious to know how these panned out.
Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners
The Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners come in a pack of 4 colours – Neon Yellow, Pink, Orange & Green. Priced at Rs. 99 for a box [ Buy them here – http://bit.ly/3DNeonLinersHI ], these are very reasonable.
My first impression was the bottle was different than any other liner I had tried before. The Liners come in long bottles with a pointed tip that mimics a pen. Super easy to hold and convenient to draw.
This allows us to easily outline, detail our work of art, while having loads of fun!
They are great on fabric so we can make fabric art or also use them for dot art on any other surface as they can be applied on multi surfaces.
Since it mentioned Wood, Glass, Plastic or Metal – I decided to test it out.
If you’re like me and hate to throw anything away, I always try to upcycle. I love turning boring Household items into gorgeous DIY projects. After all, one person’s trash is another’s treasure, right?
First, I used the Liners on a simple ceramic cup. It was a boring white and had a chip so was basically unusable for drinking.
Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners on Ceramic
I randomly added bright dots around the base of the cup. This was super easy to do. Just press the body and the Neon Liner comes out really easily. Vary pressure to increase or decrease the size of the dots. Doesn’t my Neon Liner Holder look cool?
The 3D art dries within an hour but it’s recommended to allow up to 24 hours of drying time. Voila! It’s waterproof too. So, I can rinse my cup with water without having to worry about it fading.
Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners on Wood
With my confidence growing, I tested the neon Liners on a small wooden box that belonged to my daughter.
She loves colours and this little box looked pretty enough to hold her ring collection.
DIY Photo Frame Upcycle using Fevicryl 3D Neon Liners
Finally, I decided to spruce up my craft room with some Neon Magic. Used an existing Photo frame that’s made of MDF. I had used a distressed white coat earlier but wanted to add a dash of colour to my Art Quotes. [ Video tutorial at end of the post]
Start by adding circular dots in alternating colours at two corners of the frame.
Slowly add more dots along the two sides of the frame.
And Voila! My gorgeous photo frame was ready to hold my favourite quotes and pictures.
I am entering all 3 DIYs to the #TurnOnTheNeon Challenge. Fingers crossed that the jury likes my entries!
What is the #TurnOnTheNeon Challenge?
Fevicryl Hobby Ideas is holding a contest called the #TurnOnTheNeon challenge. In this challenge, you basically take any ordinary household product and use the 3-D Neon Liner to add something extra to it and make it extraordinary. #AddExtraToTheOrdinary
It’s easy to Participate and You should too! Here are the rules.
- Make a DIY of any product using 3D Neon liners, and share a fun video or an image of how you made it on Facebook or Instagram.
- Tag the Image / Video with hashtag #TurnOnTheNeon and optionally tag @hobbyIdeasIndia
- Fevicryl Neon liners need to be used to make the DIY product.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- The contest will run until 30th November’17.
- There will be 5 winners who’ll receive gift vouchers.
– A shortlist of entries will be made by Hobby Ideas jury. The shortlist criteria will be the quality of the video, and how creatively it is shot.
– Once the shortlist is created, winners will be chosen based on a lucky draw.
- All the winners will be declared on 22nd November’2017
- Winners will be given Hobby Ideas gift vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 /- from Team Hobby Ideas
- All winners will be contacted individually. So, please ensure that you add the correct hashtag and keep your image public.
So, what will you be using your Neon Liners for? I’m really excited to see your creations. Do share them with us and don’t forget to participate!