We love Memory Games at home. Lil P can’t have enough of it. This game is not only fun to play but is also great for the little brains. The more they play it the better their concentration and short term memory gets and the time to find matches becomes shorter and shorter. It’s one of those games where you can really see how your child progresses.
I’ve made a Valentine’s Day themed printable memory card game for this purpose.
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Memory Game
Objective of the Game:
To find all the matching pairs of hearts.
How to Set up:
- Print the Blank board on a plain cardstock
- Laminate to keep using for many days
- Print the heart cards on the back of a patterned card stock.
- Cut out each Heart card as a square
- Shuffle the heart cards and place upside down on the board.
- Leave the center slot empty.
How to Play:
- You will be shown some cards with their faces down.
- Select two of the cards and turn them to reveal the coloured hearts.
- If both cards are the same, those cards are yours, pick them up & keep them with you. Its your turn to play again.
- If they are different, remember what is on the card so you can try again.
- Now its the turn of the 2nd player.
- Pick any two cards Again and select two more hearts.
- The game is over when you have matched all of the pairs and all the cards are gone.
- The winner is the one with the highest pair of hearts.
We printed on ordinary A4 sheets & it still looked fine. I would suggest you use thicker card stock as its easier to pick & turn.
Check out our Freebie section for more free printables.
If you like Free Printables, also check out our Home Style Bingo Free Printable