10th August is World Lion Day, which makes it the perfect time to make this Lion Bookmark Craft! Just download the free printable template, print and go!
With lockdowns going on in many countries, lots of kids have rediscovered the joy of reading, and this is what parents see as a silver lining! Some kids have become so engrossed in their books, that parents have had to drag them away for lunch – that is such wonderful news!
Now looking at it from the other side, it’s no fun to leave a riveting book in the middle of a plot twist. It’s worse when you have to come back to continue, only to waste valuable minutes thumbing through the pages trying to find your spot.
That’s why we have a solution that doesn’t just tell you where you left off – it roars!! Yes, today we have a lion bookmark craft, just in time for World Lion Day. And when it comes with a free printable template, there’s no excuse not to make it!
Lion Bookmark Craft + Free Printable Template
- Card stock in shades of yellow and orange
- Glue Stick
How to Make the Lion Bookmark:
1. Download the free printable template and print it out. The template includes parts of the lion’s face, mane, body, paws and nose.
2. Trace the pieces on colored card stock and cut them out.
3. Assemble the nose of the lion and then stick it on the face as shown below.
4. Put together the lion’s mane by sticking the smaller circle inside the larger one. Stick the lion’s head inside this.
5. Stick the lion’s paws on to the front of the lion’s body.
6. Time to put Leo together! Attach the head to the body by sticking the mane on the top part of the body.
7. Draw on some cute features with the marker and your little lion bookmark is ready!
Aren’t these lions super cute? If you liked them, you may also like to check out our list of fun lion crafts. Make sure to use strong glue to stick on the lion paws, so that your bookmark is sturdy. Now you’re all set to dive into your favorite book and not worry about losing your place!