- Toilet Paper Roll
- Craft paper or card stock in different colors
- Marker pens or Sharpies
- Glue stick
How to make the Toilet Paper Roll Lorax Craft:
1. Download and print the template for the toilet paper roll Lorax craft. The template includes the arms and features of the Lorax’ face – eyebrows, eyes, nose and moustache.
2. Wrap the toilet paper roll in orange craft paper and secure it in place with glue.
3. Cut out the features of the Lorax’ face and trace them onto yellow craft paper – except the eyes. You can use the same template printout for the eyes, coloring it in with blue marker.
4. Stick on the eyes at the top of the toilet paper roll, followed by the nose below in the center.
5. Stick the moustache under the nose and use a black marker to draw a mouth under the moustache.
6. Trace the arms onto orange craft paper and cut them out.
7. Stick the arms on either side of the Lorax and Voila! Your toilet paper roll Lorax craft is ready!
As you make this toilet paper roll Lorax craft, have a conversation with kids about what the different parts of the story indicate. Talk about how the Truffula trees represent our environment, and how each one of us has to think about it. Look at the Lorax in this craft – he looks like he’s saying something to you. Maybe it’s that you need to ‘care a whole awful lot’ for things to get better!