Weekends are usually spent at home with family. Since we are all out the whole week, we love to just laze around the house on weekends. Now, since hubby has joined college, its just me n Lil P, left to fend for ourselves every Saturday. Its tough to keep my 4 year old entertained with just books or a walk in the park, and so we have converted saturdays into craft days.We love to make things, color them and then surprise daddy when he comes back in the evening.
The theme for artsy-craftsy this month is clay so I decided to dabble in some easy clay projects that my 4 year old could get involved in. We have used Atta & play dough a lot but working with air dry clay was a first.
Here’s what we made –
- A Square photo frame fridge magnet – Cut and colored by Lil P
- A Heart shaped pendant. We still have to paint a P on it and It has a loop in the backside for a satin ribbon to pass through. Cut using cookie cutters, and painted by Lil p using acrylic colors.
- Some fruity fridge magnets – a pineapple, a water melon, a leaf [ there was a lady bird too.. but looks like it walked away just before I clicked this pic] Again made by lil p using molds and then painted.
- A Funny circle family pic hanger. We have looped a satin ribbon through and hung it on the kitchen wall. It holds a pic of the 3 of us 🙂
- A beady necklace. This was slightly tough for Lil p to make. But she rolled the clay into spheres and then I made them oval and passed a wire through them to make the holes. Once dry, Lil P painted them Orange and Blue and I added the black lines. We strung them together using a transparent wire and laced a ribbon for the neck.
Ever since we’ve started crafting together, I’ve noticed that Lil P is much happier and we look forward to weekends very eagerly. We make silly things, get messy and generally have a lot of fun. What do you usually do on weekends? I’d love to know.
I am linking this post to patty’s amazing weekend wrap up party.