This 3D Flower Garden Shadow Box Craft is the perfect way to set up your own patch of green in your home – with little more than paper and foam board!
Things being as they are, going out to the parks is pretty much out of the question, and outings are limited to your apartment lobby or your front porch. While some people may miss the hustle and bustle of the outdoors, some may miss the openness of greenery.
However, there are alternatives. You can of course, start a little kitchen garden in your back porch or your balcony. You can bring in a few indoor plants. You can start a little window box on the sill.
However, all these require a green thumb, and that’s not something all of us have! So we have a solution that requires much less investment and commitment, but still works to perk up your space and soothe your eyes – a 3D flower garden shadow box craft!
3D Flower Garden Shadow Box Craft
- White foam board
- Thick craft paper in shades of green
- Sharp cutter
- Glue stick
How to Make the 3D Flower Garden Shadow Box Craft:
1. Cut out rectangles from the foam board. Then cut out a smaller rectangle so you get a frame.
2. Now cut out similar frames from the green craft paper, ensuring they’re the exact same size as the foam board frames.
3. Cut out grass shapes of the same length as the frame. You can also add grass to the frame itself.
4. Stick the green grass frames on the foam board frames.
5. Stick another piece of grass on the other side of the foam board. Sticking on the inside and the outside of the frame will give you a 3D effect, as shown below.
6. Stick the green paper frames so that all the white part is covered.
7. Add a background of sky blue along with some white clouds.
8. Cut out flower shapes from craft paper.
9. Assemble the flowers separately using the glue stick.
10. Put everything together and your shadow box is complete!
Isn’t this truly a treat for sore eyes? You have lots of green, a bunch of flowers, and you can even go ahead and add a butterfly or a ladybug! All you need is craft paper and foam board from the craft store, you’re sure to have everything else. So go ahead and create your own patch of green!