This Adorable Heart Gnome Craft is perfect to send across a message to a loved one who’s far away – sure to melt anyone’s heart!
Ask a computer geek or kids today what a gnome is, and they may say that it’s an operating system environment for desktops! Unless they’re avid readers, many kids today may not realize what an interesting creature a gnome is!
The gnome is a mythological Renaissance-era creature that isn’t very tall, much like a goblin or leprechaun, and may be good or bad, depending upon the circumstances. Today, the garden gnome is probably the most popular kind of gnome you see around, and they instantly lift up the look of a plain garden.
Some tales talk of gnomes being able to move easily through anything, which makes them excellent messengers. So if you’re wishing you have your own personal gnome messenger to send across a special message for a loved one – your wish has come true! Here is an adorable heart gnome craft that’s so easy to make you have to start right now!
Adorable Heart Gnome Craft for Kids
- Thick craft paper or card stock in different colors
- Glue stick
How to make the Heart Gnome Craft:
1. Download and print the heart gnome template. The template includes the gnome’s hat, beard, hands, nose, body, feet, and hearts.
2. Cut out the different parts of the template and trace them onto craft paper or card stock in the appropriate colors. Let the big heart be pink or red. Choose a flesh or light brown color for the hands and nose.
3. Stick the nose in the top center of the beard. Attach the feet to the bottom of the body with glue.
4. Stick the beard on top of the body so that the the beard nearly touches the feet. Stick the hands in front to complete the body assembly, sticking only on the part that rests on the body and not on the beard.
5. Time to decorate the hat with the small hearts. If you have a heart punch, you can use that as well.
6. Using glue, stick the little hearts over the hat.
7. Stick the hat on top of the gnome to complete his body.
8. Finally, insert a large red heart inside the gnome’s hands. Your adorable heart gnome craft is ready!
Isn’t this little guy too cute for words? Look at him clutching that heart like it means everything! This guy is the perfect messenger for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. If you enjoyed this gnome craft, you may also like our tiny bead sock gnome or these wooden peg doll Waldorf gnomes. And if your gnome needs a place to live, we have just the thing – a cute little mushroom house that no one can resist!