This Paper Mushroom House Craft will make a perfect addition to your little fairy tale village! Get cardboard rolls in many sizes for a variety of houses!
If you’ve got spare toilet paper rolls or any kind of cardboard rolls lying around, we’ve got the perfect craft for you – a paper mushroom house craft! Mushroom houses are popular in literary fiction and if your kids are fans of stories featuring fairies and goblins, they’ll know this!
This spring craft offers great practice in cutting and gluing, and is good for beginners too since there’s no fixed plan – you can customize the house anyway you like! And if you’ve got cardboard rolls in different sizes, you’re in luck – you can make so many houses!
Paper Mushroom House Craft
List of Supplies:
- Tissue Paper Roll
- Colourful Craft Paper
- White Paper
Instructions to make the Paper Mushroom House Craft:
1. Cut out a rectangle of white craft paper. The length should be equal to the circumference of the end of the cardboard roll and the width should be equal to the height of the roll. Cut out a door and window using the template.
2. Stick on the door and window in the center of the white rectangle. Cut out little circles and strips to add details like window panes and door knobs.
3. Stick the white rectangle around the tissue paper roll so that it’s completely covered.
4. Now use the templates to cut out the mushroom top for the house’s roof. You will have two identical pieces. Apply glue around the curved edge of the roof pieces, leaving the bottom free.
5. Stick the two pieces along the glued edge. Cut out circles as per the template and stick them on the roof.
6. Place the mushroom roof on the cardboard roll, open edge down. Secure it in place with glue.
7. Cut out the zig zag grass piece using the template provided.
8. Cut out a thin strip of card stock or thick craft paper in a width less than that of the grass. Stick the grass on this strip so that the white part is not visible. Use glue to turn this strip into a ring shape.
9. Place the finished mushroom inside the grass ring – your Paper Mushroom house is ready!
Want to try more crafts from fairy tales? You’ve come to the right place, because we’ve got lots! Choose from a clay mushroom photo holder or egg carton mushrooms, or make your own miniature fairy village with some cute peg doll gnomes. Now you’re all set for your very own fantasy land!