This week we made penguins as Jan 20th marks Penguin Awareness day .. Also, I am still not out of my winter theme. Yes! I should wake up and announce the Jan theme soon. My sincerest apologies to all the people who sent me their entries via email. I will upload them all and choose a winner .. I hope you all do stay with me.
Coming back to the
Artic Antarctic Theme craft from this week’s class,
Potato Print Penguin Craft
Here’s what you’ll need –
- A4 sheet – white
- Blue water colour,
- White, black & orange acrylic colour.
- Potato cut in half
- Punched white paper (snowflakes)
- Paper plate cut in half
- Black marker
- Sponge & brush
To make –
- Paint the white sheet blue using a sponge
- While that dries, draw wall like designs on the paper plates. The 4 year olds could not figure out the wall effect and drew boxes
- Stick onto page using glue.
- In the space around it, use one half of a potato and print a black oval.Let that dry completely.
- Using a scrunched up paper add snow effect by randomly printing over the page.. I told the kids to add snow mostly below the penguins feet.. but the kids loved it and printed all over.
- cut the other half of the potato into a smaller oval and printed the white stomach of the penguin.
- Use a brush and orange colour to colour in the feet and beak.
- Stick on some cotton & paper circle snowflakes.
- Using the back of a pencil, stamp the eyes.
Here are the happy faces.