The theme for this month is “Treasure from Trash”. You can make crafts from any bio non degradable trash – Plastic, Bottles, milk carton, CDs, broken items, packing material lying around the house. You can search the net for some inspiring ideas. Be sure to credit the original site / source. If you have any doubt, Please mail me and I’d be happy to help you with it.
There are small changes to the rules from this month.
16. If you have more than one entry, you need to nominate only one for the voting. You can choose.
17. I will be able to send a card and (or) gift only to the 1st prize winner. The user choice winner, the 2nd prize & 3rd prize winners will get the artsy-craftsy winner logo for their blog & will find a permanent place in the artsy-craftsy wall of fame. [ applicable from July 2010 only]
- Stick to the theme for the month.
- Previously submitted entries to the artsy-craftsy cannot be resubmitted
- Last date for sending your nomination is 22nd of July, 2010.
- If you have a blog, add the above image in a post with a link to this page or add the artsy-craftsy pic in your sidebar [ HTML code below]. You don’t need to be a follower.
- If you don’t have a blog, mail me the pics at mymindfulmeanderings[at]gmail[dot]com. Add copyright info, age of the child & steps on how you made the craft.
- Leave a comment with a link to ur post on this page.
- Resize the pics that you send / upload to a max of 1024×768.
- Each pic should have a watermark to your blog or atleast your (or ur child’s name) in case you don’t have a blog. Use paintbrush / picasa to add text at the right bottom. A readble fontsize should be fine.
- Each pic should have the age of the child. If its an adult who is making it, please put age- Adult(Suitable for a kid aged X to make) . It makes it easier to judge. Use paintbrush / picasa to add text at the right bottom.
- Wherever possible, please provide pics and details on how you made the crafts. Links to another site which has the instructions is also fine.
- I absolutely don’t like putting up pics of any child on my blog. Any entry henceforth that has a child’s face / pic will be sent back for blurring. You can however send it with the face blurred. Use gaussian blur / simply use paint brush to cover the face.
- The winner will be chosen based on how easy yet stunning the end result looks and will be announced on the last day of the month.
- The entry has to be child-friendly and age appropriate for kids aged 1 to 10. Keep it simple.
- You can have more than 1 entry .. and increase your chances at winning.
- This challenge is open for all kids, ladies, gents, moms, dads , followers, lurkers… everyone.
Code for your sidebar [ Enter this in a HTML/java code widget]
Go on get artsy-craftsy 🙂
Did u take part in the 1st birthday bash this week?? I’m giving away one of my paintings & a special prize selected via random number generator. Speaking of special prize what would you like better?
- A mouse pad with the Ganesha or Together or
- A handmade card or
- A cap with the artsy-craftsy logo
Leave a comment at the birthday bash with your choice now 🙂