Ever since we bought our DSLR, Lil p has claimed ownership of the “little” camera – Our Sony 14 MP point and shoot. Normally I wouldn’t have given her such a costly equipment as a toy, but Lil P is very careful with it. I’m not sure if you allow your kids to handle costly equipment.. (Hubby is not too happy about it) but I am OK with it. Of course, I supervise and there are a lot of basic ground rules set. I guess its got a lot to do with your kid’s temperament.
So when Lil P decided to stay with my mom’s for her summer holidays, I left the camera with her. Basically Lil p wanted to take pics of her toys, the gardens she went to etc etc as a memory keepsake to come back and show it to me. Here are some of the pics she clicked all by herself.
Its from a recent marriage that Lil p attended
In clockwise order
- The Haldi ceremony – The bride and the family being covered with haldi [ Turmeric] as a cleansing ritual..
- The Mehendi – Gorgeous mehendi design on the bride’s hands
- The materials for the puja (On the day of the haldi)
- The Sugar craft … Household kitchen items carved & moulded in hardened sugar syrup
- The Lovely Lovely bride.. my cousin
- Set of dolls kept for display depicting a south Indian Kannada marriage.
Do you let your kids handle costly camera equipment? or you buy customised kid -proof stuff for them?