This Cardboard Roll Santa Claus Christmas Ornament will look bright and cheery, hanging on your tree. It’ll also explain all those presents under the tree!
Right from the time I was a kid, my impression of Santa was this large-ish, roly poly man, who was very wise, but didn’t speak much. He had kind eyes and a comforting presence in general. I think this was the result of many Christmas stories I read at the time!
Fast forward to today’s celebrations and you have kids asking if there’s reception at the North Pole, so they can text Santa their list! Then you also have the smarty pants asking how Santa knows if you’ve been good or bad – does he have CCTV everywhere?
Okay, those are some difficult questions to answer!! So instead, let’s go ahead and do something simple – let’s make a cardboard roll Santa Claus Christmas Ornament! And I’m sure you’ll find that this little Santa also has a rather pleasing and gentle appearance!
Cardboard Roll Santa Claus Christmas Ornament Craft
List of Supplies:
- Cardboard tube
- Craft paper – red, black and white
- Pencil or pen – for tracing the template
- Craft glue or glue stick
- Cotton wool
- Googly eyes
- Golden craft glitter
How to make the Cardboard Roll Santa Claus Christmas Ornament:
1. Print and cut out the template patterns. The template includes – beard, mustache, face, nose, body (the big rectangle), belt (the strip and the small square) and the semi circular piece (the hat).
2. Take the rectangle and glue the black strip along the middle, lengthwise. Stick the face part on the top border, around the middle, aligning the straight edge of the face with the edge of the rectangle.
3. Now glue the beard on the face. The sides of both cut outs (face and beard) should match if you’ve cut out the patterns correctly.
4. Attach the mustache, the nose and the googly eyes in the right places.
5. Take the small square cut out and apply golden craft glitter on it. Attach it on the middle of the black belt.
6. Use the semi circular cut out to create a cone shape. Apply glue on the open ends after forming the cone to secure it. Stick a small ball of cotton wool at the pointy end of the hat.
7. It’s time to make Santa 3 D! Roll the prepared Santa pattern around a cardboard tube, gluing the ends together. Attach the cone hat on the top end of the roll.
8. You can leave Santa just like this, or add some texture with cotton wool on the beard and mustache. Add more details if you want to and then allow the glue to dry completely. Attach string or yarn on the top to be able to hang the ornament.
This Cardboard Roll Santa Claus Christmas Ornament matches well with our Printable Santa Advent Calendar and Gift Tags. They’ll also go with these printable Christmas cards for kids. I think adding the cotton wool to Santa’s beard really makes Santa look a lot more original – what do you think?