The Ultimate List of 100+ Christmas Crafts for Kids
With our Ultimate List of 100+ Christmas Crafts for Kids, you’ll never run out of ideas again! Includes ornaments, calendars, trees, printables & much more!
Christmas is almost here, and you’re probably swimming around in your to-do list. In such a situation, it can be pretty hard to find the right kind of crafts to keep the kids occupied this holiday season. But that’s why we’re here!
Today, we’ve got the ultimate list of Christmas crafts for kids – with over a hundred projects to try! We’ve scoured the net and gathered the best of the best so you don’t have to spend your valuable time doing that. All you need to do is gather your supplies and get crafting!
Ultimate List of 100+ Christmas Crafts for Kids
10 Cutest DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids to Make
1. They say no two snowflakes are alike, and we agree because this Popsicle Stick Snowflake is definitely one of a kind!
2. It’s hard to believe that these pretty Paper Angel Ornaments are made of just paper!
3. You can’t have a Christmas tree and not have Santa visit it – in the form of a Cardboard Roll Santa Ornament!
4. A tree on a tree? Yes, it can happen, with this cute Paper Quilling Christmas Tree craft!
5. Imbibe some heavenly peace in your home with this Felt Angel Christmas Ornament.
6. Love recycling? Then you must try making these Chalkboard Paint CD Ornaments!
7. This little Felt Gingerbread Man Christmas Ornament is the cutest, and also makes a great stocking stuffer!
8. If you love miniatures of everything, you’ll also love this tiny little Paper Quilled Wreath Ornament!
9. If you have a Gingerbread man, don’t you think he needs a Felt Gingerbread House?
10. This Cupcake Liner Tree is an easy craft that even little kids can make to hang on the tree.
10 DIY Advent Calendars for Christmas
21. Kids will love opening a different joke every day with this Free Printable Advent Calendar with jokes from Modern Parents Messy Kids!
22. If you like sewing, this Pocket Advent Calendar from See Kate Sew is the perfect project for you.
23. This DIY Paper Ornament Advent Calendar from Oh Happy Day works both as a calendar and a garland.
24. Make this Paper City Advent Calendar from Mr. Printables and populate your Christmas village.
25. This Christmas Bulb Advent Calendar from The House that Lars Built doubles up as pretty holiday decor.
26. Reuse small paper bags by making this DIY Paper Bag Advent Calendar from Tell Love and Party.
27. Smashed Peas and Carrots makes use of toilet paper tubes to make this recycled Toilet Paper Tube Advent Calendar.
28. If you have pegboard, then you should certainly make this Pegboard Adventure Calendar from Country Living!
29. Sarah Hearts has a Customizable Christmas Advent Calendar that you can personalize to your heart’s liking.
30. Check out this contemporary Modern Advent Calendar from The Sweet Escape to match your living room.
10 DIY Gifting Ideas for the Holidays
21. If you’ve got a cute little gift, make sure the box you put it in is just as special, like this DIY Pillow Gift Box.
22. Got a friend who loves her cuppa? After wrapping her gift, fix these Coffee Container Gift Tags from Simply Kelly Designs.
23. Why buy overpriced gift bags when you can make your own cute Christmas Paper Gift Basket?
24. You don’t need ribbon when you have this gorgeous DIY Christmas Light Gift Wrap from Boxwood Avenue.
25. Stay up to trend with a plain wrapping paper and colorful DIY Paper Quilling Gift Tags.
26. Reuse old paper or magazines to make a DIY Ribbon Tree Gift Bow as shown in Manualidades.
27. This Sponge Painted Reindeer Wrapping Paper shows that making your own gift wrap is not difficult!
28. Give your presents that extra touch with some DIY Christmas Gift Bows from Mom Talk.
29. Any kid would be delighted to get a gift wrapped in this Sponge Stamped Snowman Wrapping Paper.
30. If you still need more ideas, check out our post on DIY Gift Wrapping Ideas.
10 Adorable Elf Crafts for Kids
31. This Popsicle Stick Elf Craft is easy enough for primary school kids to make!
32. Want an elf that jumps straight to the shelf? Check out a Jumping Paper Cup Elf from Kids Craft Room.
33. Even if you have an Elf on the shelf, it doesn’t hurt to have another Felt Elf Christmas Ornament on the tree!
34. This Paper Elf Craft from Non Toy Gifts is so bright and colorful!
35. Got cardboard tubes lying around? Turn them into cute little Cardboard Tube Christmas Elves from Arty Crafty Kids.
36. Here’s another Craft Stick Elf, from Keeper of the Cheerios – a smiley one too!
37. A Paper Plate Elf Craft is one of the easiest elf crafts you can make. Check it out at All Free Kids Crafts.
38. Set up your very own Christmas show with an Elf Finger Puppet from Kids Craft Room.
39. ‘Tis the season to be jolly, which means it’s the perfect occasion for this Dancing Newspaper Elf from Kids Craft Room!
40. These Elf Balloon Sticks from Oh Happy Day are quite unique and clever!
10 Simple Snowman Crafts for Kids
41. Turn plain white paper cups into this Paper Cup Snowman Craft – use different sizes to make a whole family!
42. Easy Peasy and Fun has a simple but impressive Paper Snowman Craft.
43. Here’s a smiley Paper Plate Snowman that’s perfect for preschoolers to make.
44. Get cleaned egg cartons to make this rather well dressed Egg Carton Snowman Craft from I Heart Arts n Crafts.
45. It may be too cold for Popsicles, but not too cold for a Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft?
46. Don’t like sewing? Then this No Sew Sock Snowman from Easy Peasy and Fun is perfect for you!
47. Make a Felt Snowman Christmas Ornament to hang on your tree or gift your close friends.
48. It’s amazing how a simple toilet paper tube can turn into a cute Toilet Paper Roll Snowman from The Best Ideas for Kids!
49. This Melting Snowman Paper Craft from Arty Crafty Kids is both hilarious and clever!
50. The Resourceful Mama makes a cute Craft Stick Snowman Craft that also doubles up as a bookmark.
10 Nativity Crafts for Kids to Make
51. Check out our Printable Nativity Theme Activity Pack that has lots of fun activities for kids.
52. This Stained Glass Nativity from Housing a Forest is reminiscent of ancient churches of Europe.
53. Kids Craft Room has some lovely Nativity Christmas Cards that are pretty easy to make.
54. Check out this impressive Wooden DIY Nativity Set from DIY Candy that also makes a great gift.
55. If you’re into stone painting, you’ll love this DIY Nativity Story Stones from My Joy Filled Life.
56. Glue Sticks Blog shows us how to make a Graham Cracker Nativity Scene out of crackers, candy and more!
57. A Felt Nativity Set with Free Printable is safe for young kids to play with. Instructions at Stay at Home Educator.
58. Collect all your cardboard tubes to make this Toilet Paper Roll Nativity Craft from Somewhat Simple.
59. These Nativity Finger Puppets from Christian Preschool Printables will help you put up your own Christmas Pantomime.
60. It’s hard to believe that The Nativity Story Printable Toys from My Little House are made of only paper!
10 Creative Christmas Tree Ideas
61. Brighten up your interiors with a DIY Honeycomb Christmas Tree from Studio DIY.
62. Martha Stewart’s PVC Pipe Tree is sure to be a conversation starter!
63. A balloon tree? Sugar and Cloth shows us how to make a DIY Balloon Christmas Tree.
64. This DIY Wall Fringe Tree from Brit and Co. has a boho look and we love it!
65. Cut multicolored paint chips into triangles and assemble to make this Geometric Paint Chip Christmas Tree from We are Scout.
66. Want to go minimalist? Try out this Modern Cardboard Christmas Tree from Chateleine.
67. A Wall Mounted Christmas Tree like this one from Home Talk is the ideal option if you’re low on floor space.
68. Get quirky with random things around your home by making this Found Objects Christmas Tree from Sunday Collector.
69. If you’re completely lacking space on the floor and walls, look up! This Hanging Christmas Tree Mobile from Curbly could be the right solution for you.
70. A Felt Christmas Tree is the safest way for little ones to decorate their own tree over and over again. Check out Two Twenty One for more.
10 Handprint Christmas Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers
71. Bring Rudolph to life with this Handprint Reindeer Craft from Simple Everyday Mom.
72. Get multiple handprints and make this pretty Handprint Wreath Tutorial from My Name is Snickerdoodle.
73. This Santa Handprint Craft from Simple Everyday Mom will have everyone going ‘HO HO HO!’
74. A Handprint Santa Keepsake Ornament is the ideal gift for grandparents. Get the instructions at From ABCs to ACTs.
75. Is it baby’s very first holiday? Celebrate with Baby’s First Christmas Ornament from A Sorta Fairy Tale.
76. This Salt Dough Mitten Ornament from Fun Handprint Art Blog is an absolutely adorable keepsake.
77. Make a Handprint Christmas Tree, like the one at The Best Ideas for Kids and let the kids decorate it on their own.
78. Glued to My Crafts reminds us of the trucks that bring the trees with a Popsicle Stick Christmas Truck Craft!
79. This Handprint Fireplace from Glued to My Crafts is so cute – it even has stockings and Santa dropping by!
80. Get your toddler or preschooler and make this Handprint Penguin Craft from The Best Ideas for Kids.
10 Free Christmas Printables for Kids
81. Add some fun to your celebration with our Free Printable Christmas Story Telling Cards.
82. No family celebration is complete without Bingo! Play with this Christmas Bingo Free Printable from Grace and Good Eats.
83. Need Christmas cards at the last minute? Check out these Free Printable Christmas Cards.
84. Enjoy holiday pretend-baking with a free Christmas Baking Printable Set from Kids Activities Blog.
85. Let the kids write out their Christmas list on this Free Printable Letter to Santa.
86. Have some fun by moving around the house with a Free I Spy Christmas Printable Game from Teepee Girl.
87. If you need an advent calendar that’s not too much work, get this Free Printable Santa Advent Calendar.
88. Get these cute Free Printable Gingerbread Man Finger Puppets from Simple Everyday Mom to add more characters to your Christmas puppet show!
89. Got a kid who loves dolls? Then they’ll love these Printable Santa Dress Up Paper Dolls from Adventure in a Box.
90. Itsy Bitsy Fun has the perfect thing to keep kids occupied this holiday season – Printable Christmas Puzzles!
10 Christmas Art Projects for Kids
91. Collages are among the most basic arts and crafts activities – start out with this Winter Scape Collage.
92. This Christmas Lights Stencil Art from Buggy and Buddy is quite frame-worthy!
93. How cute is this Fingerprint Christmas Tree Art? Get the how-to from A More Crafty Life.
94. Capture the beauty of snowflakes in this Snowflake Art Project from Art Projects for Kids.
95. This Nativity Silhouette Art is just gorgeous! Go to That Artist Woman to know how you can make it too.
96. Crafty Morning shows us that even a dish brush can create art, with this Dish Brush Christmas Wreath Art project!
97. Use sponges of different shapes and sizes to make various versions of this Sponge Painted Christmas Tree from Buggy and Buddy.
98. It’s hard to believe that this Faux Stained Glass Art from You Clever Monkey is not bought from a shop!
99. Have fun doing process art with this Christmas Bauble Dot Painting project from Make Film Play.
100. I Heart Crafty Things has a cute Sponge Painted Reindeer Craft that’s easier than it looks!
20 DIY Christmas Cards for Kids to Make
25 Easy Paper Plate Christmas Crafts for Kids
15 Easy Popsicle Stick Christmas Crafts
13 Christmas Ornaments for Kids to Make with Pasta
30 Christmas Paper Collages for Kids
5 Christmas Books for Toddlers with Crafts
21 Fun Foods for Christmas that are too Cute to Eat
With so many ideas for kids of all ages, I’m sure you’re all set for the holidays! Ask your kids to pick their favorites, and create a craft calendar with them. Who knows, it might just trigger a new found love for creating, in time for the New Year!
Love it… Love them all!!!