She had this awesome idea of getting the kids at Anand Vidyalaya make their own Snakes & ladder game and had come over to collect the materials and discuss the logistics. Lil P heard all the discussions but was very disappointed when she realized she was not going. I promised her, we would attempt the crafts at home and we made the DIY snakes and Ladders game on Sunday.
Its very simple and Lil P loved every part of it. Right from making it to playing it. I’m going to stop buying board games from now on and try making most at home 😉
You’ll Need –
- A square chart paper
- Black marker
- Ice cream sticks
- Cut the chart paper into a square
- Draw a 10×10 grid using a scale & marker
- Fill in numbers 1 to 100 in a sequence [ pics below]
- Fill in colour
- Draw ladders using ice cream sticks
- We tried to stick on pipe cleaners for snakes but they wouldn’t stick so we used wool as swathika had suggested
Got to know that this was a BIG success with the kids at Anand Vidyalaya too. So three cheers to Swathika! 🙂 I owe you big time.
Will share the pics from Anand Vidyalaya once the volunteers share it with me.