This easy DIY Fall Paper Bunting Craft is a great decor piece to add to your home this Fall, and it’s simple enough for kids to make on their own!
“It’s the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!” – Winnie the Pooh
Do you have a favorite season? Most of us do, and I think it depends on many factors, like our own physical dispositions, where we live, etc. Winter in Alaska may not be great, but it sure is enjoyable in Bangalore!
However, my favorite season has got to be fall, partly because of all the festivals during this time. It’s strange isn’t it – how autumn is seen as a time for shedding and decaying in nature, but it is also when people come out, get together and celebrate?
I think fall is also a reminder that every change in life brings with it something new, and sometimes a decay of something is essential for something better to grow in its place. That’s another reason I love this season – there’s so much symbolism attached to it!
So if you’re like me and love fall, you’ll enjoy decorating your place in an autumnal theme, and we’ve got just the thing for you – a Fall paper bunting craft! This is a super easy craft that even little kids can do, and is a fun project for siblings to work together on. Go ahead and celebrate the season in all its beautiful glory!
Easy Fall Paper Bunting Craft for Kids
- Card stock or thick craft paper in different colors
- Colored markers
- Scotch tape
How to make the Fall Paper Bunting Craft:
1. Cut out the fall shapes from craft paper. Choose fall-theme colors like shades of orange, maroon, rust, and yellow. You can go with motifs like acorns, mushrooms, and leaves of various shapes.
2. Time to assemble our pieces for the fall paper bunting! Stick the spots and the oval on the mushroom head.
3. Attach the mushroom stem to the head with glue.
4. Now for the acorn! Stick the cupule to the top of the acorn shape.
5. Take out your colored markers and add some details to give the acorn an illusion of texture.
6. Go ahead and add some veins and other details to your leaves. When you’re done, place all the pieces of the fall paper bunting with the wrong side facing up. Arrange the pieces the way you like, keeping them equidistant from each other.
7. Attach a string to the wrong sides of the pieces using cello tape, maintaining the arrangement. Turn it over, and that’s it; your fall paper bunting is ready!
You can use a string of any particular color, or you can keep it rustic by leaving it raw. Since this fall paper bunting is so easy to make, you can make multiple strands and hang them all over the house. If you’d like to create a full-fledged fall theme for your decor, go ahead and make our easy DIY fall wreath or some fall-themed art.
If you’re looking for ideas to keep the kids occupied, you can’t go wrong with our fall-themed sensory bins, weaving projects, or Thanksgiving printable activity pack! Or just go ahead and set up a pretend play restaurant that serves lots of pretend pie!
You may also like these crafts:
- 10 Awesome Autumn Paper Crafts for Kids
- DIY Autumn Tree Pop Up Card
- 10 Cute and Colorful Corn Crafts for Fall
- 15 DIY Fall Wreaths to Make