Bring winter home early with this 3D Winter Scene Shadow Box Craft! Set up a gorgeous white winter scene with trees, houses and more!
Many people think that if all you have at home is paper, there’s not much you can make. I beg to differ – there’s a whole load of things you could make, and not just basic collages and hand print crafts. You can make some really elaborate things with nothing but paper, scissors and glue!
Today, we have one such craft for you – a 3D winter scene shadow box craft, made with papers of varying thickness. Just get a bunch of different colors and you’re all set to make this pretty craft that’ll have people thinking you used all kinds of materials to make it!
3D Winter Scene Shadow Box Craft
- Card stock in different colors
- Thick white cardboard or card stock
- Paper cutter or X-acto knife
How to make the 3D Winter Scene Shadow Box Craft:
1. Cut some swirly shapes out of the white cardboard, making sure they’re in different shapes and increasing sizes, as shown below:
2. Arrange the different pieces of card stock on top of each other so you get a 3D snow effect. This is your placement.
3. Now cut out twelve thin strips of white cardboard.
4. Take the bottom layer of your placement. Stick four strips on all edges of the layer.
5. Stick the next layer on top of this. Stick on another set of four strips and continue the process till the arrangement is complete.
6. Cut out green fir trees from colored card stock. Use different shades for interest.
7. Now cut out house shapes from card stock of other colors. You can also cut out some white snow blobs for the tops of the trees.
8. Start placing the houses and trees inside your winter scene.
9. Stick on a blue background at the back and your 3D winter shadow box is ready!
How gorgeous is this? Don’t you wish you could go to a place like that and enjoy the beautiful snow? This scene looks so serene, it can immediately transport you away from the troubles of this world. If you enjoyed making this, you’ll also enjoy these – a 3D Underwater shadow box craft and a 3D Flower garden shadow box craft. And then you can think of others you can make in a similar manner!