This Felt Flower Bookmark Craft is the ideal spring DIY & makes a great gift for Mother’s Day or Teacher’s Day! Easy to make, even for beginners.
One of the things I love about crafting is that there’s no limit to what you can use. You can use pretty much anything you lay your hands on to create something new and beautiful. Some of the most loved craft supplies in our home are craft sticks, paper plates, paper cups, and of course, felt!
Is felt crafting easy?
Felt Crafts are among my favorite kind of crafts, particularly because they can be made in any color you like and the felt can take any shape you want it to take. Felt is such a fantastic material to work with. It’s easy, and inexpensive, and you can make so many projects! It doesn’t unravel like other fibers, and it’s so convenient to simply cut the shapes with scissors and go.
What kind of felt is best for crafts?
Craft felt is perfect. It is 100% synthetic, man-made felt. Craft felt comes in many colors and styles. This type of felt is widely available at major craft chains and online.
Is wool felt better than acrylic felt?
Wool felt is stronger and more durable than acrylic felt. But it is expensive and won’t hold shape very well.
If you’re beginning to feel overwhelmed, don’t! We’ve got a super-easy flower craft for you today, that’s perfect for spring and summer, as well as for occasions like Mother’s Day and Teacher’s Day. Today, we present to you a felt flower bookmark craft that even beginners can make!
Easy Spring DIY – Felt Flower Bookmark Craft
- Felt in different colors
- Glue gun
- Needle & thread
- Paper Clip
How to make the Felt Flower Bookmark Craft:
2. For each bookmark, we’ll need two flower cutouts, a centerpiece, and two leaves. Trace the parts out on felt of your preferred colors. I’ve gone with light pink and dark pink for the flower, yellow for the center, and green for the leaves.
3. Layer one flower piece on top of the other so that the petals are alternating, as shown below.
4. Place the yellow circle in the center of the flower and the leaves under the petals so they pop out as shown below.
5. Now it’s time to secure your felt flower bookmark craft by sewing! Use a thread in a color of your choice and start from the back of the flower, i.e. the leaves.
6. Run the needle all the way to the front of the flower. Repeat the stitches till all the parts of the felt flower bookmark craft are completely secured.
7. Cut off the excess thread. Now cut out a small piece of felt in a rectangle shape, so that the width is more than the width of the paper clip.
8. Place the paper clip behind the felt flower and then place the felt rectangle on top of it. Secure everything in place using the glue gun. That’s it, your felt flower bookmark craft is ready!
If you’d like to make a no-sew version of this felt flower bookmark craft, use a hot glue gun or fabric glue instead of the stitching. The fabric glue will dry quickly and be softer than the hot glue from the glue gun.
We love how versatile this craft is, and how it works perfectly as a handmade gift for classmates during Back to School or for Valentine’s Day. In general, bookmark crafts make great non-candy Halloween gifts. Don’t forget to check out more fun and easy Spring Crafts for Kids!