We are lucky to have our inlaws who stay in a beach town – Read this & this.. The sea is just 500 metres from where they stay.. And each year that we go there, Lil p collects a lot of shells. Yesterday we found the hidden stash from last year and decided to craft with it.. I was slightly busy, so I gave her a black card sheet as an empty canvas to use the shells as she pleased..
Lil P started by making a small girl by the beach and then started imaginative play as herself by the beach .. Then the sun appeared, next a tree & a butterfly ..
All the while Lil p was coming up with more and more ideas on what to make next .. Lil p was engrossed in this activity for nearly 1.5 hrs.. Super fun, inexpensive & Easy!!!!
I also asked a few fellow bloggers to share a few crafts that they have tried with shells.. here are the links –
More shell craft ideas from fellow bloggers on KBN
1. Jane from mamapeapod – shows how to make a fridge magnet, a necklace & other crafts out of shells
2. Margarita from redtedart used shells for her daughter’s doll house bathroom
3. Esther from creativitymypassion used shells to recreate an underwater sea scene
4. Manasi from experimenting-mom used shells to create butterflies & for sensory play activity
5. Cathy from nurturestore used Shells to create a garden tile art & to make a under the sea playdough
6. Roopa from puttiprapancha used shells to paint with
What have you tried using shells for??? Did you make an ornament? Did you stick them together?.. made a photo frame?? Do share your ideas with us… I’d like to try them with Lil p .