Set up your spring reading with some cheery Ladybug Corner Paper Bookmarks to help mark your place! Make them in different colors and gift your friends!
Are you part of any reading challenge this year? I always tend to join challenges at the beginning of the year and drop out mid-way since it’s difficult to find time for reading and I can’t catch up with the monthly prompts. This year, I decided not to join, and voila! I’ve finished one book and on my way to finishing the second!
Kids around the world are also probably setting up their reading material for spring and summer. This is especially true if they’ve got lots of books at Christmas! I can imagine how exciting it must be to start reading all of them.
And we know just what’ll add to the excitement of a new book – a brand new bookmark! Since spring is coming up and we want everything to be bright and cheery, we’ve got today some ladybug corner paper bookmarks, which you can make in different colors and gift your friends too!
Ladybug Corner Paper Bookmarks
- Craft paper in black, white and red
- Black marker
How to make the Ladybug Corner Paper Bookmarks:
1. Download and print the ladybug corner bookmark template.
2. Cut out the patterns and trace them onto colored paper. Use black for the circle, red for the quarter-circles, black for the spots and white for the wings. Draw outlines on the wings.
3. Stick the black dots on the red quarter-circles. Assemble the ladybug. Place one wing on the left side, starting from the middle of the black circle. Place the red quarter circle over this, as shown in the image below.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Stick on some eyes for the ladybug. Attach the ladybug on a plain corner bookmark.
6. Your corner bookmark is ready! Make more in different colors.
If you love ladybugs, you’ll also love these ladybug pencil toppers. Make a set of a pencil topper and a bookmark for a cute little gift set. Both of these would also go along well with Eric Carle books. And if you want to make it a pretty impressive gift, a hand painted ladybug photo frame will just what you need to complete it!