Sharing is caring!
Everyone loves gifts, especially when they’re handmade! This Valentine’s try out a lovely hand painted photo frame for your loved ones and friends!
Everyone loves receiving gifts, especially our best friends! With Valentine’s coming up, it’s a great opportunity to make gifts for our loved ones to show how much we appreciate them. And when the gift is handmade, it just adds to the charm!
However, not everyone has the time to make a whole new gift from scratch, so today we have the perfect solution that offers the best of both worlds – a Hand Painted MDF Photo Frame! With a few supplies, you can transform a plain MDF frame into a custom-designed photo frame that’s Oh! So wow!!
Hand Painted Photo Frame
- Acrylic Paints
- Flat Paint Brush
- MDF frame
- Wood primer
- Embellishments made of felt or foam
1. Prime the MDF frame with a wood primer using the paintbrush. I used Gesso which is easily available in art supply stores but you can check any paint shop for a primer. Let dry.
2. Color the frame with your choice of acrylic color with brush strokes in one direction. Let dry and give another coat. If you like, you can paint patterns like waves or dots and let it dry.
3. Seal the acrylic paint with a varnish. Let dry.
4. To finish, stick on embellishments of your choice. You can go for pink hearts and roses for a Valentine’s theme, or try out ladybugs and bees for a Spring theme.
The best part about this frame is that you can gift it to practically anyone – Grandparents, neighbor, teacher, even the bus driver! With so many options to customize, the sky is the limit! These also make great return gifts for a kid’s birthday party – all the more special when it has been hand painted by the birthday girl or boy!
This post is brought to you by Ujjwal from Team “Handmade with Love”. You can check out the website, ‘Handmade With Love‘ as well as their Facebook page of the same name.
Your project looks cool. Btw were can we buy the MDF frames, are they available online?
This is adorable! I’m going to do something like this for the husband (from the kids of course) for Father’s Day! – Jerusha, ThePositiveYear.com
I love this idea! I’ve been thinking of creating a photo frame for an upcoming birthday party gift and you’ve given my inspiration a boost!
If you have time, I would love for you to come and share this post over at the Really Crafty link party that is live right now! http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/03/welcome-to-really-crafty-link-party-12.html).
Cute frames! Would be cute as refrigerator magnets with a child’s school picture, or a picture of favorite pet as well.
Amazing post about photo frames.Keep sharing! I totally agree with your post. The video you posted is simply amazing.
This blog is really very amazing and it is very helpful to make our home decorative. Thank you for sharing this blog.