I’ve seen lots of Melted Crayon art circulating around the internet for quite some time, but this is the first time We’ve given it a try. It was a really fun and rewarding project!
Make this simple, vibrant and stunning Valentine’s day art for kids using this beautiful crayon melt technique!
3D Melted Crayon Valentine Heart card
- A small candle preferably a votive,
- color coordinated crayons,
- an A4 cardstock sheet and
- Draw a heart shape with a black marker on an A4 sheet
- Melt the tip of the crayon [ be sure to remove the paper packaging before you attempt] and drip onto the sheet.
- Heat, Drip, Heat, Drip. Repeat till whole area is covered in dots.
- Once completed, cutout the heart and paste onto a card sheet [ alternately you can craft on the cardstock directly]
- The crayon dots tends to chip off after a few days. A coat of Modpodge does the trick of keeping them in place.
PS: This craft involves fire. Ideally suitable for kids aged 5 and above [ only if they are used to following instructions. No matter what age, please do not attempt without adult supervision ]
Check out all our Valentine’s Day Posts – The Ultimate List of 100 Valentine’s Day Crafts and Activities