Paper Clown Puppet For Kids + Free Printable Template
Celebrate World Circus Day on 20th April with a cute Paper Clown Puppet Craft for Kids – with a free printable template!
What are the basic essentials for a kid’s birthday party? The cake, balloons, presents and of course – a funny clown! There’s nothing like a clown with a big red nose and colorful hair to put life into a boring party and make sure the kids leave with good memories.
But of course, the clown’s proper spot is not the party – it’s the circus! That’s why, this World Circus Day on 20th April, we’ve decided to make our very own paper clown puppet, so you can create your own circus right at home!
This is a very easy craft where all you need is a stack of colored craft paper, scissors, and glue. This craft is great for cutting practice and younger kids can help glue the parts together.
Paper Clown Puppet For Kids + Free Printable
List of Supplies to make the Paper Clown Puppet:
Check out my favorite supplies on Amazon.com
- Colored craft paper
- Craft glue
- Black sharpie
How to Make the Paper Clown Puppet:
1. Download and print the clown template. The template includes the hair, hat, body hands and shoes as well as 4 circles; 1 for the nose, 2 for the shoes and 1 for the pointy end of the clown’s hat.
2. Select different fun colors for the paper clown craft. Prepare the provided template patterns and trace them on the selected colored craft papers. Trace and cut out the patterns using scissors.
3. The pattern with scallop border along one side is the hair of the clown. Attach the head part of the half body pattern on the hair cut out, keeping the scallop border facing outwards. Attach the 2 circles on the tip of both shoes.
4. Measure the width of the body (the chest of the clown) and cut out a long strip of colored craft paper of the same width. Create small and even accordion folds on the long strip.
5. Attach the 2 shoe patterns on any one open end of the accordion folded paper. Also, attach another circle cut out on the tip of the hat cut out.
6. Attach the other open end of the accordion folded paper on the top side of the body part of the clown. Keep the border of the accordion folded paper adjacent to the bottom side of the clown’s head. Attach the hand cut outs on both arms (attached to the body cut out).
7. Finally stick on the nose. Use a black sharpie to draw the other features of the clown’s face.
Wasn’t that fun and easy? Grab more colored craft papers and make another one in a different size. Before you know it, you’ll have an entire alley of clowns for your circus!
This clown is so adorable….I think if you add a Popsicle stick to the back the kids can use it as a puppet.
It would be fun to make different colors for the hair and body and different hair styles to see what they come up with….