DIY Paper Quilling Christmas Gift Tags-Make a paper Quilled reindeer, stocking, and candy cane themed gift cards for Holidays!
Christmas is just around the corner and with that comes the need to make some holiday cards. I love Paper Crafts for Kids .. as part of that, I have been creating fun paper quilling projects for all seasons. The holidays are coming and you know that it’s time for – yes, gifting! There’s something incredibly exciting about receiving a gift, isn’t there? It brings out the child in each of us, just looking at those brightly wrapped packages. But it’s not just the gift wrap that contributes to the attraction factor of a gift, the tags matter too. And today, we have some special quilled Christmas tags to write your cute messages on!
DIY Paper Quilling Christmas Gift Tags
Quilling is truly a versatile craft – you can make so many different kinds of coils! And each shape contributes to a special shape that can be mixed and matched with others to create interesting patterns. We showed you how to make a Quilled Christmas Wreath Ornament before. Here is a quick guide to different kinds of paper quilling folds required for the Christmas Gift Tags.
Paper Quilling Folds
How to Make a Quilled Tight Coil Fold
To begin, insert a piece of quilling paper into the slot of your quilling tool. Try to get the edge of the paper and the edge of the slot to line up as perfectly as you can. Roll the tool with your dominant hand either toward your body or away from it; whichever feels most comfortable to you. Hold the strip tight with your other hand.
To make a closed coil, as you near the end of the strip, place a small amount of glue near the end of the strip and roll to complete. When you remove it from the tool, do not allow it to expand — that’s what keeps it tight.
To make an open coil, remove the coil from the tool and allow the coil to expand. Once it has fully expanded, add the dab of glue and press the strip down carefully to secure.
How to Make a Quilled Teardrop Fold
Place an open coil between your thumb and forefinger of your non-dominant hand. With your dominant hand, pinch the paper where you want the point to be to create a teardrop shape.
How to Make a Quilled Marquis Fold
You can create a marquis shape by first making a teardrop shape and then pinching the opposite end as well.The marquis’ final shape is determined by how much the coil is pinched or pressed together and where you place the center of the coil.
How to Make a Paper Quilled Stocking
- White and Red Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- Make white tight coils for the edge of the stocking.
- Make looser red coils for the stocking.
- Fix the coils in the right shape on the card.
How to Make Paper Quilled Candy Cane
- White, Green and Red Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- Make loose coils in red and white for the cane.
- Make marquis shapes out of the green paper for the leaves.
- Fix the red and white coils alternately on the tag, and fix the marquis shapes on top.
How to Make Paper Quilled Reindeer
- Brown, Light Brown Beige and Red Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- Googly Eyes
- The reindeer uses lots of marquis shapes in different sizes, particularly for the antlers. Use the brown and beige paper to make these.
- Make two large brown petal shapes for the reindeer head.
- Make a large tight coil with light brown paper for the face.
- A tight red coil makes the nose and the googly eyes finish the reindeer!
There you go, with a little bit of practice, you can make these absolutely adorable quilled Christmas tags. Just imagine how pretty this year’s presents are going to look with these cute tags! They’re just the handmade touch needed to give even a store-bought gift that personal touch!
More quilling ideas here –
Make a Paper Quilled Wreath
Free Gift for you – Don’t forget to grab our Christmas Printable pack