Make this cute little DIY Paper Quilling Christmas Tree Ornament to add some color & charm to your big tree! Also looks great on a handmade Christmas card!
We’re entering the last part of the year, and you know what that means – holidays!!
We’ve got Diwali, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year – all coming up one after the other in a festive row and we can feel the buzz everywhere. It’s a time when everyone’s feeling positive no matter how the year has been, and rightly so!
We like to make use of the natural enthusiasm of the season for making more and more crafts, in line with the upcoming festivals. It’s also the perfect time to try something new, so if you’ve been thinking of starting paper quilling, we’ve got just the craft for you!
Yes, that’s right – get out those quilling strips and tools and go through our tutorial so you can make your very own Paper Quilling Christmas Tree Ornament – a super cute craft for Christmas!!
DIY Paper Quilling Christmas Tree Ornament
List of Supplies:
- Green Craft paper
- Quilling strips in different colors
- Quilling Tool
- Pencil or pen
- Craft glue or glue stick
Instructions for making the Paper Quilling Christmas Tree Ornament:
1. Take a 6 inches long green quilling strip and use the slotted quilling tool to coil the entire strip into a tight coil.
2. Remove the coiled strip from the tool and allow it loosen up a little. Prepare a total of 15 similar loose coils.
3. Use 3.5 inch red quilling strips to make small teardrop shapes.
4. Now make a few coils using quilling strips in assorted colors. You can make them loose or tight – whatever you like. Make four brown loose coils as well.
5. Take a rectangular piece of green craft paper and gather all the green loose coils prepared in step 1 and 2. Use craft glue to stick 5 loose coils in a straight line, towards the lower side of the green colored craft paper.
6. Continue sticking rows of the loose green coils, one above the other. As you move upward, keep reducing the number of coils in a line by 1, so that you end up with a triangle pattern.
7. Stick the red teardrop shapes on the top end of the triangle. Glue them together with the pointy end out, so you get a 5 point star pattern.
8. Okay, your tree is nearly ready! Cut the craft paper along the outer edge of the Christmas tree, including the red star.
9. Use the assorted colorful coils to decorate the tree, by simply gluing them on either side. Add 4 brown coils on the bottom side of the tree in a square pattern to make the tree trunk.
10. Finally add a small bead on the center of the star pattern if you like. Let it dry and it’s done!
This DIY Paper Quilling Christmas Tree Ornament is quite multipurpose. Of course, you can attach a string and hang it on the tree with an equally cute Paper Quilled Wreath Ornament, but you can also make a handmade Christmas Card with it. Or, why not attach it to a piece of card to make it go with these Christmas Gift Tags? See, a little effort and a few strips sure go a long way!